Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:27am - Jun 7,20 
That time of year again . The farmers have there crops in now . Time to start setting up tree stands and making ground blinds .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:52pm - Jun 7,20 
Hunting season can’t come soon enough. Hell, I’m counting down to the squirrel opener.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:19pm - Jun 7,20 
I can't wait myself, been a few years since I've been down to my 2500 acres. This was my last big buck I took from there.
Hopefully I can make it down this year to see what I have walking in the woods. Never to early to dream right???.....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:10am - Jun 14,20 
I went down to our Leased Property , in Iroquois Co. yesterday . Needed to cut the grass by our Humble Abode , and set up a couple trail cams . I decided to mow my , last yr. Food Plot . It was almost 2 ft. high . Just got into it and a Young Doe , jumped up out of the grass . I thought , UH OH , there might be a Fawn near by , so I went SLOW . Finally got everything cut and the Cams set . Next thing you know , I had spent 4 - 5 hrs. on the property . Time sure does fly , when your having fun ...

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,,,, Walldady

PS. 1st Lottery results are posted on the Il. DNR web site . ,,, I got 2 Permits , was denied an A/O Permit , for the first time ever .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:33pm - Jun 14,20 
I haven’t done a thing yet. Earlier in the spring I removed and adjusted some stands. I’ll probably go out to one of my local spots and mow the grass and trim some trees. As for my farm I pay the neighbor to mow it. It just saves me a trip and about 6 hours of labor.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:33pm - Jun 14,20 
I haven’t done a thing yet. Earlier in the spring I removed and adjusted some stands. I’ll probably go out to one of my local spots and mow the grass and trim some trees. As for my farm I pay the neighbor to mow it. It just saves me a trip and about 6 hours of labor.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:28am - Jul 13,20 
I cant wait! I want to get down to our property and get trail cams up, maybe move a stand and do some early trimming. During the week I got to start shooting the bow and get my fine tuning done.

Im ready for fall, sick of this summer weather.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:26pm - Jul 13,20 
I haven't been down to where I hunt since February due to covid. My buddy that lives there has been doing a lot (due to covid, lol). Looking to heading down in a couple weeks and getting 20 or so cameras hung, replace ratchet straps and plant some food plots. Did have a buddy purchase 20 acres within a few minutes of my house so looking forward to setting up a stand there this year. Camera from last year had a lot of deer and a couple good ones as well.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:39am - Jul 30,20 
Has anyone checked trail cams they have had up?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:40am - Aug 5,20 
lots of does and fawns on cam. one velvet buck, wider than ears but short tines on 7/15.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:11am - Aug 10,20 
I got down to our property , on Sat. I have 3 cams out. All told , in about 6 was. I got 550 pics . All sorts of assorted wildlife , which my family enjoys looking at . Especially the Grandkids . Lots of deer pics too . There is a Doe w/ triplets . Several other D/Fawn families . I identified 8 different Bucks . ALL still in velvet . Blondie is a light colored 7 pt. ( wider than his ears , and pretty tall ) , Red is a Red colored deer 8 pt ( like Blondie ) , and then there’s LOGGER . OMG , he has logs comin out of his head . Big as my wrists , and I’m no Lil Guy . Not going wide , but , prob. 20+ in. Tall already . Couldn’t see how many points . Plus a bunch of other Bucks .
Changed out the cards and left them running . Goin back in a week or 2 .

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,,, Walldady

Board index » Game Bag » Antlers
Jump to: