Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:09pm - Oct 14,19 
Fished the lower stretches this morning and caught 7 lakers between 3 and 7 lbs and they were milting ?!? ...in over 30 years of fishing Trail I've never seen this before...I hope it holds up cause they are tugging machines ..my question is where are the kings and steelies ?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:35pm - Oct 14,19 
It’s a little on the early side although I think I got one at the end of August the year before last. They’ve been pretty much a common site anywhere below the weir the last few years from about Halloween through Christmas. They’re way more fun on light tackle than trolling gear, but they’re still Lakers. Good luck catching a fall king in Indiana these days. We get 60k fingerlings/ year these days so if we’re lucky you’re talking 600 adults per year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:56am - Oct 17,19 
I actually would have expected Southshore to be writing this post. However, the reply shows he has caught the lakers there. This is my first time hearing of it. Very interesting.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:31pm - Oct 17,19 
It’s kind of nebulous when people say Trail creek. I’m pretty sure by the coast guard regulations everything east of the stairs going down to the pier is considered the creek. The harbor and pier has been consistently putting out fish for those targeting them for at least the last 10yrs or so. Blade baits, soft plastics, spoons, cranks, Oslo spinners all will catch fish. To a lesser extent I have caught them on eggs targeting other species. When I say trail creek I generally think that means upstream of the draw bridge. I have caught them all the way up to the weir on springland ave, haven’t seen one above it yet. The fish I’ve caught up in the creek have all been on cranks and spinners and mist look spawned out. They’re probably up there eating our salmon and steelhead smolts. :cuss

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:03am - Oct 22,19 
These were way above the weir which is why its so intriguing...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:24am - Oct 22,19 
I’m confused. Original post said “lower section”, now you were “way above the weir”, I’m not trying to argue with you, but which is it?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:16pm - Oct 27,19 
Doesn't matter it's private water anyway...caught another 9 between Friday and Saturday..with all the rain it probably blew them out now !!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Latest Topics  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: