Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:58pm - Jul 29,19 
It’s about a month away and I was wondering everyone’s plans. I’m hearing a lot of public areas could not plant sunflowers because it was too wet. I might try private ground if I can. I’m going to take a ride a day or two before the season starts to see what the fields look like.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:56am - Aug 3,19 
I was out a Matthiessen a few weeks back and didn’t see any sunflowers in. I didn’t draw JEPC this year for the opener which is disappointing to say the least. Last year the opener at JEPC was a lot of fun. I have a permit for 9-2 at Matthiessen and 9-4 at JEPC. Will probably skip Matthiessen and might make the trip to JEPC for day 4. I hunted day 5 at JEPC last year as well and it was not good. Here is dale bowman’s article regarding the plantings.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/8/2/2 ... -plantings

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:32pm - Sep 2,19 
Was out today at Desplaines and it was bad had one shot but missed nothing really seen or flying. It seems like numbers are going down each year seems to get worse. How did you guys do?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:10pm - Sep 3,19 
Rough opener, hunting by crest hill on Saturday, dirt field, didn't get planted, 2 dove, next day a disced and sprayed weed field, 4 dove, crazy slow. Too many cut or unplanted field to concentrate the birds.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:47pm - Sep 4,19 
I went private field near Wilmington and the group averaged 6 birds a guy hunting a sunflowers field. My dad and uncle tried Silver Springs State Park and only got a couple each. They said they did a handful of shooting but in typical public fashion the guys next to them were shooting at everything. One of them was shooting 3 inch size 6 steel magnum 12 gauge rounds. It is what it is.

Board index » Game Bag » Upland Birds/Game
Jump to: