Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33am - May 13,19 
Looking to go on a camping/fishing trip within 4 hours or Chicago. Any recommendations??

Needs are...

Able to consume alcohol.
Fishing walking distance from camp site.
Possible boat rental

Thanks in advance.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:22am - May 13,19 
Hahn-A-Lula Resort & Supper Club
8861 S Wolf River Rd, Fremont, WI 54940
(920) 446-3245
Fish off dock but best to be in boat
They might rent boat U would have to call
White bass run starting to winding down
I am going there on the 17th for a week in a tent
Let me know if you go

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:54am - May 14,19 
Yellowstone state park. Used to go there with the family as a kid and crush a mixed bag of pike, bass, catfish, gills, crappie and walleye. Musky fished there a few years back with some buddies. Did ok with musky but always did better on everything else. Lots of big pike in there. Haven't been there in a few years but the lake is walking distance from the campground and they had boat rentals but they were a bit further walk from campground. Plenty of shore fishing on the north side. Buzzbaits for pike at dusk and standard slip bobber with minnows/crawlers for everything else.

https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/yellowstone/

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:13am - May 14,19 
thewatsonator wrote:
Yellowstone state park. Used to go there with the family as a kid and crush a mixed bag of pike, bass, catfish, gills, crappie and walleye. Musky fished there a few years back with some buddies. Did ok with musky but always did better on everything else. Lots of big pike in there. Haven't been there in a few years but the lake is walking distance from the campground and they had boat rentals but they were a bit further walk from campground. Plenty of shore fishing on the north side. Buzzbaits for pike at dusk and standard slip bobber with minnows/crawlers for everything else.

No boozing allowed in state parks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:39am - May 14,19 
Bulldawg wrote:
thewatsonator wrote:

That's Illinois where there is no alcohol allowed in state parks. It's stupid, just like everything else in Illinois. That rule doesn't apply to Wisconsin, except for a small number of locations.

https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/rules/alcohol.html

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:20am - May 14,19 
Camp Mana-Pines

http://www.campmana-pine.com/

Campgrounds are pretty basic but they have firewood delivered to your pit, a small store, live bait, boat rental and the lake is amazingly scenic as the majority of it is part of the Manistee National Forest.

Also, caught 2 of my top 10 largest pike of my life on that lake, one of which was over 40" and released to fight another day. Though that was over 10 years ago so probably not still haunting the waters.

Depending on when you're going you also have the possibility of steelhead or salmon below the dam as this is the first dam on the Manistee river in from Lake Michigan.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:36am - May 14,19 
Bulldawg wrote:
thewatsonator wrote:

Pezdek mentioned and confirmed in his link. This does not apply to Yellowstone State Park in Wisconsin. Thanks pezdek

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:25am - May 14,19 
thewatsonator wrote:
Bulldawg wrote:
thewatsonator wrote:

Pezdek mentioned and confirmed in his link. This does not apply to Yellowstone State Park in Wisconsin. Thanks pezdek

No problem.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:48pm - May 14,19 
I stand corrected. "Na Zdrowie!"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:13am - May 15,19 
Bulldawg wrote:
I stand corrected. "Na Zdrowie!"

:thanks

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:07am - May 15,19 
Wisconsin Dells. I think the river is a little high but still good fishing.

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: