Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:51pm - Apr 17,19 
Who sells good bacon buns closest to Yorkville?
Celina's in Lemont has great Kabonas,polish sausage,there bacon buns I do not like.
Racine Bakery on Archer ave. has great Bacon buns and Sausage.
I am trying not to drive to far into the city since I have to drive out to Morrison on the same day to get my son bacon buns and Kabonas.He has to Work on Easter Sunday.
Appreciate any thoughts-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:10am - Apr 18,19 
gaff wrote:
Who sells good bacon buns closest to Yorkville?
Celina's in Lemont has great Kabonas,polish sausage,there bacon buns I do not like.
Racine Bakery on Archer ave. has great Bacon buns and Sausage.
I am trying not to drive to far into the city since I have to drive out to Morrison on the same day to get my son bacon buns and Kabonas.He has to Work on Easter Sunday.
Appreciate any thoughts-

Not very close to Yorkville, but I really like the bacon buns from Joe and Frank's Polish Deli in Oak Lawn. It's just south of 87th St. on Ridgeland. I'll be stopping there for some fresh Polish sausage, and some bacon buns myself at some point this week.

Last edited by pezdek1 on 10:09am - Apr 18,19, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:08am - Apr 18,19 
I love that place! Their Polish is the best.
I used to go to the original by the Feed Store in Summit.
Try the Polish version of Everclear, you'll like it so much you won't remember it!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:05am - Apr 18,19 
Joe n Franks is 87th an Ridgeland

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:11am - Apr 18,19 
Best bacon buns in the city are at Pticek & Sons Bakery at 5523 S. Narragansett. (near Archer)

While you are there I recomend their Kolachki too. If you get there early enough there might be some cheese ones left!

For good ethnic food you have to go to the source. Don't expect to find it in the burbs.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:09am - Apr 18,19 
Big Easy wrote:

Good call, brain cramp on my part. It's 87th and Ridgeland. I grew up near there, and constantly do that, for whatever reason, even though I know exactly where it's at. Haha. We would get our pizza from Phil's right next door, too.

Windy City wrote:
Best bacon buns in the city are at Pticek & Sons Bakery at 5523 S. Narragansett. (near Archer)

While you are there I recomend their Kolachki too. If you get there early enough there might be some cheese ones left!

For good ethnic food you have to go to the source. Don't expect to find it in the burbs.

What? :rotflmao

Because no good, authentic, ethnic places are in the suburbs...

I'd put Joe and Frank's up against any Polish deli in the city, and not think twice about it. What an ignorant thing to say, sorry.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:37am - Apr 18,19 
There's a bakery in Orland that sells bacon buns. I think it might just be called Orland Bakery.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:26am - Apr 18,19 
Phil"s is excellent They lay on the cheese But like Wind City said Pticek has really good bacon buns I live between Webers an Pticek's Hard decision sometimes an Pticek has Hot dogs baked in the bun think ya gotta order them

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:35am - Apr 18,19 
pezdek1 wrote:
Big Easy wrote:

Good call, brain cramp on my part. It's 87th and Ridgeland. I grew up near there, and constantly do that, for whatever reason, even though I know exactly where it's at. Haha. We would get our pizza from Phil's right next door, too.

Windy City wrote:

I'd put Joe and Frank's up against any Polish deli in the city, and not think twice about it. What an ignorant thing to say, sorry.

Thanks for your opinion, didn't mean to hurt your feelings on your recomendation of Joe and Frank's. I hope you will be able to recover from the un-intentional damage I caused you.

Of course, Joe and Franks is less than 2 miles from the city limits, but I assume you know this.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:27pm - Apr 18,19 
Windy City wrote:
pezdek1 wrote:
Big Easy wrote:

Windy City wrote:

Thanks for your opinion, didn't mean to hurt your feelings on your recomendation of Joe and Frank's. I hope you will be able to recover from the un-intentional damage I caused you.

Of course, Joe and Franks is less than 2 miles from the city limits, but I assume you know this.

Lol. Hurt my feelings? Hardly. You just said something stupid, and I called you on it. I'm sure it happens to you often, if this response is any indication.

And yeah, obviously I know it's close to the city... but it's also not IN the city. It's in a suburb still.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:16pm - Apr 18,19 
Old Vilnius Cafe,2601 75th st. Darien IL. Call first 630-324-6811 fresh made bacon buns and other Lithuanian items in Deli

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:15pm - Apr 18,19 
Thanks to all!!!
Old Vilnius has great food.Grand Dukes moved out of Summit and is now across the street from Old Vilnius.I understand both are under the same Family name.
There bacon bun's are a different taste than old school recipe.Restuarant very good,Deli so-so and yes you have to call them to see what they have.
I am checking out and calling the new leads.
Appreciate the help-

Board index » The Podium » Food for thought
Jump to: