Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:27am - Mar 24,18 
I think this could actually happen

The Rosemont / Chicago outdoor show has been shrinking for year may be never to be the glory it was 20 years ago

But I see some real potential here ! The Arlington race track is a fabulous venue 12 bucks to get into the show and FREE parking
plenty of room to grow
and WOW a pool big enough to float a boat in a and give fishing demonstrations
SO FAR ITS NOT BEEN OVER CROWDED GUEST CAN SEE AND TALK TO ANY ONE THEY WANT

HOPE IT ENDS UP WITH A GREAT TURN OUT THIS WEEK END TO INSURE ITS future success

ANY ONE THAT CAN COME OUT AND SUPPORT THIS SHOW TO INSURE FUTURE success
not to mention come see us at the calumet marine booth

After its all said and done.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:59am - Mar 24,18 
I really miss that show back in the 80s and 90s. It was probably the highlight of my year as a kid. I actually worked the trout pond in high school when I worked at Sportmart, it was always a blast.

Hopefully it gets some good reviews on here this year. With two kids under the age of 3 I won't be able to make it and honestly I went every other year for the last 12 years hoping it would rebound and it seemed to get worse and worse. Here's hoping it makes leaps and bounds to get better. Not having $20 parking is the step in the right direction, now I just hope they don't have more ladder and roofing vendors than they do fishing ad hunting.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:30am - Mar 24,18 
Back in it’s prime, my dad and I would spend the entire day there. Mark the day on the calendar and start the countdown. Heck , I would take the day off of work we could do that opening Friday. Our feet would hurt after that day! :D unfortunately, those days are gone and I don’t see them ever return unless the venue changes. It’s Rosemont and they want their money. They priced that show right out of existence. Too costly for vendors and attendees.

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:47am - Mar 24,18 
The Show is this weekend ? News to me, I guess because I don't get/read local newspapers, I missed knowing about the Show. Best of Luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:56am - Mar 24,18 
Tinmare wrote:
The Show is this weekend ? News to me, I guess because I don't get/read local newspapers, I missed knowing about the Show. Best of Luck.

No. Arlington show is this weekend. Just reminiscing about the old days.

Go Big Red!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:28am - Mar 24,18 
I was there yesterday a bit after show opened. I'm hoping things work out well. Was able to park very close to entrance. I realy like the show that used to be there. Not a huge show but has potential. Some nice seminars and the highlight for me the Calumet Marine booth. Three impressive boats and custom rigging. I spent most of last night dreaming of ways to jusify buying a another boat - Thunder jet.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:46am - Mar 24,18 
Forgot to mention a tip for those who go. Water at drinking fountain waa warm so I went to concession area for a bottle of water. $4:50 WTF :shock I didn't even want to know what beer would cost. So I headed over to a seminar to Seaquest lure presentaion. I sit down next to a few friends who have beers in hand. I had to ask how much. 3$ :shock. They point to.the bar - reastarunt door by seminar area. 3$ drafts, free ice cold water and served by some very pretty friendly ladies. :drink

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:30am - Mar 24,18 
I used to go to the Stevenson’s show with my old man as a kid. I would save up all my money from Xmas and buy a new pole from a bargain bin thinking it was the next great fish catching machine! Ever year it was my version of a Red Rider BB gun :lol:

Last edited by fishs57 on 04:28pm - Mar 24,18, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:28pm - Mar 24,18 
I too remember the Rosemont show with lots of fond memories. Our group would go at least twice and sometimes even three times if we were looking for a new fishing lodge to try.
As time went on, I’d see booth there that had nothing at all to do with fishing or the outdoors.
It wouldn’t have been so bad if the show managers would have kept these types of exhibitors in one area so show attendees would have to waste time walking past aisles and aisles of these vendors.
Greed and rising costs doomed Rosemont from what I heard. Lodge owners I knew said there were tired of a working 10 days at the show, the costs of staying in the area, and printing up thousands of brochures to pass out to attendees that the owner would see on the ground in lobby of Expo Hall.
Here’s hoping the Arlington show is successful. The All Canada Show is nice, but it would be great to have a show like Arlington succeed offering many vendors a chance to exhibit & sell merchandise.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:41pm - Mar 25,18 
Wow! It was like a ghost town there today. Got 2 see 2 good seminars though. I think it's just too late in the year for a fishing show in this neck of the woods. I'd be surprised if it's back next year....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:46pm - Mar 25,18 
btyreprich wrote:
it would be great to have a show like Arlington succeed offering many vendors a chance to exhibit & sell merchandise.

Too many bullchit booths still. Even most of the fishing tackle booths were low end stuff and bargian bins. There were a couple nice booths. I spent all of 10 bucks on a couple custom spinner baits. I spent just as much at the roasted nut booth. :D

Board index » Welcome to Chitown! » Now a Message from our Sponsor's
Jump to: