Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:41pm - Jul 22,08 
Has anyone ever used Chicken liver and minced garlic in it. Well, I have and I will tell ya, it is INCREDIBLE!!!! They come running for it. I use one head per 4 pounds of chicken liver. I mince the garlic myself with a garlic press. I just bought 8 pounds of chicken liver in HIGH hopes that tomorrow I will catch some HUGE catfish. Hopefully I catch more than 8 pounds of catfish considering the weight of all the bait. I put 3 head of garlic in the Chicken livers between the two containers I put them in and I put about 10 tablespoons of garlic salt in as well. IT STINKS!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me if you tried anything like this before with any luck. Even though I know for a fact it works!!!!! I just did it on Sunday. I like to hear some stories anyhow.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:21pm - Jul 22,08 
I have used garlic in corn for carp, it made a huge difference. I also found that it brought in smaller carp though.

For bigger catfish might I suggest some live bluegills and cut up ones as well.

Stephen Wright

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:07pm - Jul 22,08 
I've tried the bluegill before but only when I leave my pole out all night. It usually works. But the liver gets um quick

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:02pm - Jul 22,08 
I know about the quicker thing, trust me. I would much rather catch one big cat a night then a half dozen 2 pounders, but that is just me. I think everybody has their own style and what they want to get out of fishing....that is it for me.

One thing that I will do, when I have the room to fish, is to fish 3-4 rods. One will have liver on it and the others will be baited with gills. Remember to have your rods tagged with your name and address though. Anything over 2 rods has to be tagged/labeled. Make sure the body of water doesn't have a 2 pole restriction though.

Stephen Wright

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:09pm - Jul 22,08 
I don't know about river catfish, but stockers definitely love cheap hot dog pieces that were left out in the sun for an afternoon. Catfish love 'em some stink, is all I know.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:47pm - Aug 23,08 
Decided to take uncooked shrimp and marinated it chicken liver blood. Smells bad but works great, try it n let me know. Let it marinade for a day or two.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:46pm - Aug 28,08 
I fished with a bluegill around 8:30 at night and around 9:30 it got hit hard and I caught a 4 1/2 pound Channel Cat

Board index » Species Specific » Catfish Corner
Jump to: