Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:35pm - May 27,17 
I decided to revisit one of the smaller lakes stocked by the Indiana dnr that was over ran with white bass, the walleye fishing was fantastic and it went down to fair at best. Its been a couple years since I was there so I gave it a shot, got on the lake at 8 due to a roadside baring replacement on the trailer, started pulling worm harnesses in the weeds for the first hour with no luck I switched up to pulling cranks I some deeper water until I hit the first eye on a flicker minnow, gold and red, it was on the edge of a shallow weedy hump in the middle of the lake. with that I decided to cast the whole area. I was spot on the spot fishing from there on ended up with 12 fish in the boat and 4 that won the fight and spit the jointed bloody nose gold shad rap I was using. The only time I could get a strike was on the last bit of weeds on the drop off near deep water, it had to be on the out side of the weeds on the last weed, nothing over the top, only on the edge so boat control was key. Funny thing was I didn't get a single white bass or see any one else get any. What ever the dnr did to rid the lake of them is working well.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 08:00pm - May 28,17 
I know your an expert fisherman, but just wondered a bit while reading your post if you tried jigging any blade baits on the edge of those weeds? Glad to brought some to hand as you always do.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:20pm - May 29,17 
Expert by no means Bill thee were others snap jigging within eye shot and by their results I didn't see any reason to change up, thought about different presentation but with the late start It was working so I stuck with it

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:09pm - May 30,17 
Way to go old friend! Good job figuring out a pattern on that place.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:31am - Oct 2,17 
Went back to the smaller lake for a early fall check on the eyes to see of it was a fluke but to my suprise it was a decent day. I started out trolling and picked up one fish on crank baits. Decided to hit the dropoffs with fuzzy grubs and minnows and picked up 7 more in the last couple hours with 4 better than 16. I had to replace the motor on the old girl so it was a test run and she ran like a champ so a good day to say the least

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 08:00pm - Oct 2,17 
What was the replacement motor? Thought you had a merc on your rig.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:17am - Oct 3,17 
How have you been Bill, I replaced the old evinrude with a Johnson, I waited until I found the motor that I could swap out with the least amount of hassle. I was doing the job myself so I found same year almost same model, with assistance of my neighbors engine hoist I had it switched out in 3 hours, all the hook ups were a match no problem there, I did change the carbs out with the old motor since I just had them rebuilt trying to solve the issue before I got the bad news it was a dead soldier

Board index » Species Specific » Walleye ~ Sauger
Jump to: