Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:36am - Jun 25,18 
Going to hit up the chain this weekend on Saturday night. Not looking for any spots at all. What type of depth and structure should I be looking for? Whats the best baits this time of year? Any help will be appreciated.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:47pm - Jun 25,18 
I would probably avoid the Chain for fishing this weekend, if the weather is nice it will be a zoo....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:12pm - Jun 25,18 
There’s no wake right now on 2/3 of the Chain. The lower part is closed to all boat traffic, so depending on where you want to go be aware of the restrictions. If it stays no wake it won’t be bad. Check this link http://www.foxwaterway.com for updates. Good luck if you get out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:50pm - Jun 25,18 
Fishing the Norther lakes at night. Should solve both problems. Buddy has been up twice the last week with the no wake and did well on bass and other fish but I wanna cast for musky too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:52pm - Jun 28,18 
Outside weedlines on channel. Follow the rest of the boats. I’d suggest an angled spinner black/chartreuse or firetiger. Or, burn inlines.

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:13pm - Jun 29,18 
Pannie Popper wrote:
Outside weedlines on channel. Follow the rest of the boats. I’d suggest an angled spinner black/chartreuse or firetiger. Or, burn inlines.

I know nothing... but I know to listen to this dude. Tyler and Rich have crushed it this year so far.

Good luck man, keep us posted!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:54pm - Jun 29,18 
Haha trust me I know. I almost just Sent him a PM instead of the post

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:03pm - Jul 2,18 
Reno,
How'd you do? Couple guys I spoke with, that did get out, said it was brutally hot and unproductive. PM me anytime you need a pulse on the 'skis out on the Chain. Can't guarantee I'll have the best advice, but I can point you in the direction I'd go.

Thanks for the kind words boys... However, I feel that I've hit a wall; haven't boated a musky on the Chain in over a month which keeps me at 11 Chain muskies for the year. The main boat is at 28 Chain muskies for 2018; 2nd boat is at 5 muskies for 8 hours of fishing. So, the action hasn't stopped; just slowed down a bit. Usually, I average 1 musky for every 24 hours fishing on the chain; this year I'm averaging 1 fish per 4 hours.

I had to spend 3 weeks in Toronto for work (first time in about 4 years that I've spent three weeks straight without fishing). This past weekend was a burner, and I had to sit out do to the skin issue. However, I did get out last Saturday, and saw two 40"+ fish get boated within 100yards of me. Seems like the numbers have decreased, but the average quality of fish being boated has grown by a foot or so in the past month.

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Board index » Species Specific » Musky
Jump to: