Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:09pm - May 29,13 
Hi all. Been quite some time since I've been fishing. I'm taking my 11 year old and 7 year old fishing in the next 2 weeks. We will be fishing from the shore for whcihever variety of fish available in the bodies of water we will be at. I will be able to hit up any of the lakes on Willow Springs Rd
from Archer Rd heading south towards Orland Park. I think some of the lakes are called Joe's Pond and Horsetail. If there are any others please advise and recommend. Also I will be around the western suburbs the same week around Glen Ellyn and Wheaton area. I thought there was a lake on Rt 53 next to the Walmart? Can you all provide me some direction on good shorefishing spots in these areas and decent rod/reel set up's and
tackle that would be recommended? Maybe tackle I can pick up at a walmart or Sports Authority. We are excited about getting into fishing.

Thanks
JP

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:46pm - May 29,13 
When your out in Orland, try Lake sedgewick, its part of Centennial Park and is full of bluegills and yellow bass that should keep your little ones occupied. Get some crawlers, about size 8 hooks, and a pole and have at it. Nice park off of la grange and 159th. Go west off la grange to second stop, then left. Theres a dicks sporting goods on la grange there at 151st street to stock up on necessities. They have a good selection.
As for forest preserves, find any weed bed and there will be fish, bluegill and some bass. tampier lake at 131st and wolf road is good, the boat house sells minnows and worms, good bait. Also you can rent a boat there to explore the fishing on tampier. Close to shore around weeds and rocks will do it, blugills, bullheads, and bass can be found. Good luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:55pm - May 29,13 
On rt,53 the lakes are across rt53 from walmart. you could also take Butterfield rd. west a couple of miles and Herrick lake is on the South side or another mile West and Blackwell is on the North. For 1st. timers go with most any package kits at Walmart. Zebco's always been good.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:12pm - May 29,13 
joes pond closed to the public went there last year cop told me to leave maple lake not bad tampier better good fishing to you

Board index » The Tackle Box » Without a Paddle - The Shore Fishermans Forum
Jump to: