Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:02am - May 10,13 
I went fishing with a friend at my old job their is a couple ponds on the property. My budy was using a rattle trap,and hooked into a 37 in. 15 lbs northern pike . Some years back a different friend was fishing their and said he caught a little pike . I have been fishing thier for 15 years , and that is the first one i have seen. I could not believe how big that pike was in this little 2 acer pond. Do you think there is more ? Oh yeh i did catch 5 bass that night .We had a good time fishing.I took pics of his pike with his phone .I will try too get it posted.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:37pm - Oct 15,13 
I would like to see tha pike pic

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:40pm - Oct 15,13 
There is a small pond near my house that I have seen a lot of pike pulled out of that can't me more than 2 acres. How they survive in there in the heat of summer and the cold of winter I have no idea. There is a definite possibility that there could be a few more but also he might be the only one who rules the pond and got so fat. I'd say give it a shot a few more times and see if you guys can get any more results. I would love to see a picture of the pike! Good luck!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:29pm - Aug 14,14 
hello ;
i live in romeoville and quite a few ponds have pike in them along with bass ; crappies and panfish ; also catfish and of course carp . a couple of residents in my subdivision would stock the ponds with fish they caught elsewhere ; fish catching a lot of hammer handles pike and transplant them ; one pond is about 8 acres and 20 ft deep and loaded with quality fish . i have yet to catch a pike in them but have seen others ; they are all wading to get past brush and willows on shoreline . i saw a dead pike yesterday about 2 1/2 ft choked on a bass hanging out of it's mouth .
the bass i've been catching are around 2 pounds on white wacky worms just past weed line 1900 to 2100 seem to be best time . will try fall and winter for pike when weeds are down .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:32pm - Aug 15,14 
sounds like it could be a good ice fishing spot with some roaches......cant wait come on ice, lol.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:10am - Mar 4,15 
Ive lived in Romeoville growing up before I left for the Marines. Lake Strini always produced for me. Ive caught some slab crappies and some nice 1-3lb Bass out of there. Back a few years ago I fished a couple Retention Ponds off of 135th St and did pretty well. I havent been back there for a couple years so I dont know if the Hard Winter of Last Year killed off anything.

Think I might go give it a try this year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:16pm - Mar 5,15 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 549&type=1 THAT IS A LINK TO SEE THE PIC OF THE PIKE I POSTED A LONG TIME AGO

Board index » The Tackle Box » Without a Paddle - The Shore Fishermans Forum
Jump to: