Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:11pm - Nov 22,08 
preferably w/in 1.5 hrs from the city? Looking for ideas and suggested access points.

Thanks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:19pm - Nov 22,08 
What species are ya goin' after??

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:56pm - Nov 22,08 
Not too particular re. species, just looking to get out there but in water that is safe (and sanitary) and wadeable this time of year. I typically have done Rock Creek off the Kankakee but hear that it's dead this time of year.

Convenience is key as well, since I have to drop off/pick up my daughter from school.

thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:20pm - Nov 22,08 
i dont see why you can't wade the fox. guys wade the fox all through winter. i might get back out there a time or two more, but that's about it. just remember to dress warm and be careful!!! you go down in the water when it's this cold it doesn't take very long for hypothermia to set it in. good luck!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:35pm - Nov 22,08 
Any recommendations on access points? Was thinking the area around Montgomery Dam. Is parking available?

After reading the thread about the kids who drowned (very sad), wasn't sure if it was still safe.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:46pm - Nov 22,08 
You can wade the fox right now. I was out last Saturday and Monday and was fine(Monday I was floating the canoe). A couple of things I noticed that you would need to watch out for. Some of the rocks are slick. Make sure you watch your footing. The water was also pretty clear. The problem with that is the deepness of leaves in the ground. It might appear to be to only 1-2 feet at the shore but there could be 1-2 (or more) feet deep of dead leaves under that water. There are points where you could be waist high before you know it.

Basically, I would stick with areas you know. With the cold... most people that wade at this time know the area.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:19pm - Nov 29,08 
I did get out to the Fox last week, dressed to wade, and had a great day outdoors. Didn't land any hawgs but got the solitude and replenishment I was seeking. Maybe next time I'll land some that will be worth a story (and pic) or two...

Thanks again, guys. Chi-town Angler is really a great resource.

Board index » The Tackle Box » Without a Paddle - The Shore Fishermans Forum
Jump to: