Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27pm - Oct 21,19 
I would like to go out one more time this year
I was thinking the Il. river
Is it worth it?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:12am - Oct 23,19 
Haven't been walleye fishing but last Sunday smallmouth where on fire with the feedbags on, also some huge white bass mixed in. Water temp was 56 and levels and current good. A lot of plant matter in the water but didn't matter as fish where only in spots where it was clean.

Not sure how things are down by Ottawa or SV but assume they are fired up as well.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:44pm - Oct 23,19 
Saturday- Lots of big white bass south of Spring Valley. Water a bit high and dirty but OK.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:31pm - Oct 23,19 
Ever fish the area by the wall below the dam (by the lodge)? I took my girlfriend there and used a hook and small weight above. Had only plastic (Chompers worms since we were mainly there to walk the canyons. Bottomline is that we had no bites and snagged time and again. Maybe we'll try again next week. Are there bait shops nearby?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:12pm - Oct 23,19 
That is a very rocky snag-infested area.You need to fish with something you retrieve without stopping like jig and twisters.A better area for shore fishing is upstream of the boat launches.My friend Buster runs Cajun bait shop which is the last business on the left just before you get to the bridge to starved rock park.I think he hasn't closed for the season yet.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:53pm - Oct 24,19 
Wall by dam-Tx2,snag city-still,I use plain steel washers on 4 lb. test on my 3 way.Enough washers to hold down and keep my rod tip high.Do not let it drag in the current.
I called Cajun and Applebees today a couple times,no answer. Will try again Friday and B and B in Ottawa.Plan to get out Sunday Early at starved rock,will be in a late model gold lund with a 90 hp. merc.Got a wards 15 hp kicker.She has not seen water in awhile(and myself).Wish us luck and will report-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:40pm - Oct 25,19 
Good luck gaff I was going tomorrow but it might rain before noon already so I'll pass for now,drying a boat out in cold weather is a big pain.See how heavy the rain is or you'll just be going for a boat ride.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:08am - Oct 27,19 
Thanks for the replies, everybody. And I hope your Friday outing was enjoyable, gaff.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:50pm - Nov 19,19 
I talked to Buster and his wife today hadn't seen them since May when the floods came.He said he lost 4 months of his best business time to flooding.He closed up in October after the water flooded into the park again.A report from his nephew who fishes all the time is the sauger bite is upstream from Hennepin by the power lines,where the lake opening is by the big curve and upstream by the red bouys where the steep ledges are.Barto will have the docks in till after the tournament around thanksgiving.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: