Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:01am - Mar 7,18 
Does anyone know the current river conditions and are any of the launches open? Spring Valley, Hennepin?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:07pm - Mar 7,18 
Just got done talking with Buster from Cajun's for about an hour.The river was up to the road where you turn in at the gate at starved rock park,but is receding back to the banks.The visibility is only 3-4" and alot of current.He said the mississippi is real high so they're holding back water at the peoria dam which slows the process of the water going down.There is supposed to still be a tournament out of the Valley this weekend and they are working on cleaning up the launch.If no big rains happen it should clear up enough to fish later next week,and keep in mind with high water the fish will be right at the starved rock area.Buster said he'll be opening later next week and will have bait as soon as he thinks it's fishable.His shop number is 815-667-4222.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:19pm - Mar 7,18 
X2 as retired trucker reported-local radio station said river should be in flood stage for a least a week-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:47pm - Mar 14,18 
I got a report from Buster today,there is a good bite on the Peru flats trolling cranks on three ways or leadcore.If you're doing three ways he said you need 2-3 ounce weights with all that current.The saugers are almost all males but some are up to 19 inches.When we talked this morning the launch at the park wasn't open so I called the Starved Rock lodge this afternoon and the activities director said it was open so I hope I won't have to drive to Spring Valley.I think there should be plenty of fish along the island or below the bridge.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:30pm - Mar 14,18 
Thanks for the report !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:08am - Mar 18,18 
Conditions are about as good as you can ask for, water is a bit stained but clear. Junk in spots, but other spots are clear. Current is perfect, water temp was 39.8 when I launched yesterday but probably up in the mid 40's after today.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: