Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:22pm - Nov 3,17 
Launched out of Hennepin yesterday and started at noon and stayed out till 5pm. Started at the mouth of the snatch, didn't mark any fish in the channel or on the green cans. Wind was blowing out of the lake and the fog was so thick you couldn't see 30 yards ahead. Had a couple grabs but no takers. Moved up to the red cans and did a long pass down found fish in 14FOW all skinny males, no big girls. Again lots of nippers and grabbers. Fished a couple spots on the way back with no luck so finished at the bridge. First pass got into a school of skinny fish, best maybe 16". Fish were in 12 FOW. Fished out deeper nothing on the screen and no nips. Third pass went in shallow and had lots of tuggers and nippers again but only hooked up on some drum.

Tried to pull meat on floaters as well but stuck with jigging as while the water is not high, the current was ripping. At times I was moving 1.5mph with current so it was tough in my little boat to move forward against the water.

Water temp 45F - got some fish but really thought with the rain and the warmer air it would have been a better day.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:00pm - Nov 4,17 
Did you try the mouth of the big sandy above the bridge in Henry or was the current too heavy?I don't know about sauger but it has held a lot of whites at times.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:45pm - Nov 6,17 
No only made one pass on the green can side of the mouth then went up to the red side near the bend, didn't go any further downstream. If I had launched at Henry I would have hit that spot for sure. Its a great spot and always seems to hold fish. I just got out late and wanted to maximize fishing time by making my long run first then working back.

I went to Seneca on Sunday from 8am - 12pm. I started out jigging shallow, around 9fow but I kept seeing the fish on the side finder out deep. Fished the deep holes and it was monster drum time. They were in every hole, got 10+ ranging between 5lb-10lb. Also got a 15lb flathead that I had to chase around on light jigging gear. Also caught the smallest sauger in the river, a 6" monster :) Water temp was 48F and water was clear with a perfect current.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:07pm - Nov 6,17 
Amen on those sheepsters there are some real beasts in that river.I caught a huge flathead up by the dam one day and his snout was all torn up and Buster told me that they use it to turn over rocks to get crayfish.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: