Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:07pm - Mar 22,15 
I just received some venison (sirloin and round) steaks. I am looking for a lights out venison (crock pot) stew recipe. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I have never made a venison stew in a crock pot before.
Mark

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:42pm - Mar 22,15 
Venison chilli.....2lbs venison, 2 15oz cans blk beans, 2 15oz kidney beans, 2 15oz cans diced tomatoes, 2 medium chopped onions, 1 medium green pepper, 4 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon cumin, 2 tablespoons chilli pepper, 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, 1 teaspoon salt.....cook in crockpot 4-6 on high

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:41pm - Mar 23,15 
I haven't made stew but i do marinate my back straps in pepperoncini juice for 6-8 hours and then grill. Just a dash of salt and pepper.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:18pm - Mar 23,15 
you can take the sirloin and cut it into cubes, season them, then wrap them in bacon and throw them on the grill for 8-10 minutes. I cut the full slices of bacon in 1/3's or 1/2's depending on the size of the cubes. It's like candy and it's really the only way I eat it the past few months.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:50pm - Mar 23,15 
Venison Stroganoff is to die for . Cube the Venison , ( removing the fat / sinew ) Lightly brown the cubes in a pan with Blk. Pepper and Garlic Salt , and chopped onions . Put in the Crock pot , with brown gravy mix . ( Mix brown gravy , and thicken , before putting in Crock Pot )Cook on low and go to work . Come home , boil Lg. Egg Noodles . Serve V. Stroganoff over noodles , with slices of It. Bread . MMMMMM GOOD !!!!! And easy to do .

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,, Walldady

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:09am - Mar 24,15 
Pepper Steak----Venison cut into chunks or slices (2-3 pounds)
2 large cans crushed tomatoes
Onion
Green pepper
6 beef bullion cubes
6-8 Tablespoons of soy sauce
Sugar

Sorry no actual amounts on this one, everything is up to you. I use two onions and two green peppers, I also add one small can of green chili’s and sweeten to taste. I generally cook in the crock pot or oven for 6 hours, the longer the better!

Venison Picatta----1 1/2 pounds of deer loin
2 cups milk (divided)
½ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup butter or margarine
¾ cup dry white wine
2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ cup fresh parsley
1-2 tablespoons capers (drained)

Slice loin across the grain into thin slices, ¼ inch thick or less. You can cut thicker and pound out. Combine 1 cup milk and venison in shallow dish, cover and refrigerate 1-3 hours. Drain and discard milk. Add second cup of milk and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Drain and pat venison dry. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in shallow dish. Dredge venison in flour mixture to coat. In a large skillet melt butter on medium-high heat. Brown the venison on both sides. Add wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer venison to warm platter with a slotted spoon. Add lemon juice, parsley, and capers to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Be sure to scrap the browned bits up from the pan. Serve sauce over venison slices.

ENJOY!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:31am - Mar 24,15 
Thank you boys.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:58am - Mar 24,15 
I have made just about everything out of venison. Crock pot is the easiest in my opinion. Just toss the meat in there with a can of mushroom soup, carrots, spuds, celery and maybe some more mushrooms, a little water and some seasoning (i use the montreal steak) and just turn on high for 6 hours or so. Comes out great every time. Chilli is always a good option also. Anything wrapped in bacon is good. My brother does the stroganoff thing all the time or any other pasta type dish that calls for meat.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:54pm - Mar 24,15 
huntnfish79 wrote:
you can take the sirloin and cut it into cubes, season them, then wrap them in bacon and throw them on the grill for 8-10 minutes. I cut the full slices of bacon in 1/3's or 1/2's depending on the size of the cubes. It's like candy and it's really the only way I eat it the past few months.

Huntnfish79

Try marinating those chunks (with the bacon wrapped on them) in pineapple teriyaki marinade. Meyer brand is the cheapest. I add actual chunks of pineapple for sweetness. Let it sit over night in the fridge and then when you BBQ it, just cook the bacon. The acid in the pineapple cooks the meat and tenderizes it. Lightly sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:44pm - Mar 28,15 
The book called. " 365 wild game recipes by Edie Franson "is what you need. I have it and use it from venison to fish. It usually sells on eBay for about $5. Worth every penny.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:48am - Mar 29,15 
Here's a recipe using ground deer. It's great.

Hamburger and Vegetable Soup

2 Tbsp. Butter
1 Cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. Ground, moose, deer, or bear
1-28 oz. Can of diced tomatoes
4 cups beef bullion
1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup carrots, sliced.(if carrots are large, cut in half lengthwise then slice)
2 stalks celery, sliced.
3 tbsp. Parsley fresh or dried (if fresh chop finely)
1 tsp. Basil, dried
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
½ tsp. Dill seasoning dried
Pepper to taste

In your soup pot, melt butter and sauté onions and garlic until soft. Break up hamburger into soup pot cooking until redness is gone from meat.

Add all other ingredients, covering to cook for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 30 minutes longer to thicken.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:48am - Mar 30,15 
Made the stew.
3 large cans of cream of celery
Red potatoes
Celery
Onion
Sweet corn
Steak seasoning
Venison cubed
Cooked 6 hours on slow and served over cheese perogies. GOOD EATIN

Board index » The Podium » Food for thought