Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Location: Montlake Boulevard at Pacific Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98195

Post Posted: 01:07pm - Jan 30,14 
This pass weekend Jewel Had thin crust Gino's East Pie's 4 for 10.00 so I scooped up 4 of them and just had 1 with my two partners and it has to be one if not the worst frozen pizza's I ever had. Bland would be an understatement. Buyer beware :noway

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:17pm - Jan 30,14 
4 for10 for a reason I guess
Drink more beer with the next one

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:44pm - Jan 30,14 
Try the Home Run Inn ones next time you see them on sale.

My new favorite.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:08pm - Jan 30,14 
could not agree any more....that Geno's thin crust is absolutely awful, has to be one of the worst pizzas I have ever had. And really their deep dish frozen product is also bad as well

buyer beware and stay away

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:17pm - Jan 30,14 
That 4 for $10 is the Base price.

They execpt you to put at least $10 more on Garbage on it to make it taste good! :rotflmao :rotflmao

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:35am - Jan 31,14 
Being a long-time frozen pizza consumer and someone who enjoys shopping for food sales, I'll chime in.

Most of the cheap frozen pizzas are average at best. Tony's and Red Baron are the two I'll pick up if on sale. They're edible and for around $3, what do you expect? You could add a little cheese to spruce 'em up if you desire. And don't even bother with the sausage- it is cheap and terrible. If you go more the upscale route- Home Run Inn, Palermos, Doreen, ect.- you're going $5-$7 and then I start comparing what you can get from Pizza Hut and Little Ceasars. I always stock up on these if they are under $5. Overall, I think there is a place for both. I always have a couple cheap pizzas in the freezer. They're perfect for throwing in at 10:30 when you've had a couple beers and are looking for more than a snack. The higher grade pizza we'll make dinner out of if we're busy and cannot cook.

The best deal in pizza? Half price Mondays or the different 50% Groupons. We can get a large stuffed or deep dish pizza for around $10 that is both excellent and lasts us two meals.

LOL- Never thought I'd be writing about this on Chitown Angler!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:18am - Jan 31,14 
Hey these were on sale. Normally thet are 3 to 4 clams. I was not expecting them to be this bad. I have had my share of pizzas as well. On a side note. Is it me or have tombstone pizzas changed. They used to be be really good.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:54am - Jan 31,14 
Tomb-stoned used to be pretty good, but yep, I thought they changed.

"Like ketchup on a ritz cracker"

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:56am - Jan 31,14 
Rigor Mortis set in.....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27pm - Feb 20,14 
Jewel "Chef's Kitchen" Pizza-thin pizza,found this to be pretty good.The kids love it and I myself drizzle a little Olive Oil on top before I bake,this pizza we have enjoyed for year's.
Doe's not taste like the MASS PRODUCED stuff.
For a frozen Pizza,the sauce works nicely with the melted cheese,the crust is crisp depending on your bake time.The sausage has a nice spice works well with the sauce.
They did change the ingrediants year's ago and it sucked-they lost sale's and changed back,not to be were it should be,but my family stills enjoys it on a Friday night with a movie-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:40pm - Feb 20,14 
Thanks for the bone Gaff. Gonna give it a try and get back to this thread to post results.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:51pm - Feb 20,14 
I like the Palermo's thin crust. It's better than ordering out. Try it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:58am - Feb 21,14 
I'm gonna pipe in with my new favorite, DiGorno's "pizzaria style". Good flavor and good crust. I second Home Run Inn! C'mon SPRING!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:15am - May 1,14 
good info thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:20am - Aug 23,14 
I believe Jewel sells ,,, " Doreens Pizzas " They are thin crust but VERY tastey . The It. Sausage / Jalepeno is my favorite . If you put the red pepper flakes on your pie ,,, you don't need to with the It. Saus / Jalep. Just the right amount of HOT .

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,, Walldady

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:50am - Aug 24,14 
I like home run in but sams is very good------------- bigfishross

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:11am - Aug 24,14 
IGNATZ wrote:
I'm gonna pipe in with my new favorite, DiGorno's "pizzaria style". Good flavor and good crust. I second Home Run Inn! C'mon SPRING!

I second 'DiGorno's with carmelized onion's-- my 2nd. favorite. Good crispy crust for a thicker style. even good the next day sitting on the counter.

My no. #1 is still lou's.

Home run has changed, but I'll buy the thin crust only.

Jewel thin crust is good also when doctored up with a little extra cheese & pepporoni slice's along with some mushroom slice's from a jar.

I doctor up EVERY frozen pizza with something. Bill,

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:19pm - Aug 24,14 
Walldady knows what's up. Doreen's sausage and jalapeno is the best pizza in the frozen section.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:48pm - Aug 24,14 
Wanna just shift into a different direction if I may as I wanna share something real quick. Hands down I really believe these guys rival the best if not the best stuffed pizzas around. Better then giardanos at least. Nancy's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am not talking about the ones that are hooked up with Al's beef "haven't tried them" but the Original Nancy's Restaurant on golf rd in Niles is awesome. For 25.00 you get a xl stuffed pie with 2 ingredients. The crust is not some thick French bread its very thinish with the back side very edible. The sauce tastes kinda sweetish and this thing is just huge. If anyone is in the Niles area or lives around there, give it a try. Had a bunch of us try it as we purchased 2 xl and everyone kept going for more. Like it was very addicting.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:15am - Aug 26,14 
washhusky101 wrote:
Wanna just shift into a different direction if I may as I wanna share something real quick. Hands down I really believe these guys rival the best if not the best stuffed pizzas around. Better then giardanos at least. Nancy's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am not talking about the ones that are hooked up with Al's beef "haven't tried them" but the Original Nancy's Restaurant on golf rd in Niles is awesome. For 25.00 you get a xl stuffed pie with 2 ingredients. The crust is not some thick French bread its very thinish with the back side very edible. The sauce tastes kinda sweetish and this thing is just huge. If anyone is in the Niles area or lives around there, give it a try. Had a bunch of us try it as we purchased 2 xl and everyone kept going for more. Like it was very addicting.

X2 uh huh, uh huh?

Try thier rustic crust pizza, something we have been ordering lately.

I knew you would come around.

Went fishing and had a drink or went drinking and caught a fish?

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » The Podium » Food for thought
Jump to: