Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:33pm - Oct 24,15 
I met guy while fishing in the sumer who showed me pictures of pike while fishing near the Hindu temple in Lemont. He showed me the general area, but it is hard to find a parking spot on google maps and a general area to target. Help please? He had some nice pics of 38 inch pike so I was really curious.
I'll still give it a shot next weekend anyway.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:42pm - Oct 26,15 
Bump. Looking for place to park to fish the dpr in lemont.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:13pm - Oct 28,15 
The only thing I can think of near the temple over there, which could have northerns, might be the DesPlainesriver. I can't imagine the little quarry/pond down the powerline road would have pike. Unless maybe some of the area on the other side of Lemont Rd, south of Bluff Rd? If it was near the hindu temple I'd guess it was the river.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:28am - Oct 29,15 
Check out the gravel road along the Des Plaines River just before the 355 bridge. It runs in between the river and the ship Canal

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:15pm - Nov 4,15 
There are plenty of places to park along that road, as long as you dont mind being ticketed. From what I gather, all the shipping companies around there had put up enough of a beef about all the duck hunters parking trucks with trailers down there in years past that the parking is fairly strictly enforced by either water reclamation district(who owns the property) and the forest preserve (you will have to cross the bike path managed by the fp). That stretch has plenty of fish but its difficult to fish because it is shallow and weedy. I wont give away too much info because I am a fan of figuring things out for yourself. Things are much more satisfying that way.

P.S.

I am only telling you this because as a fellow outdoorsman, I dont want to see you get harassed as i have in the past. My friends and I have had numerous run-ins with the forest preserve cops out there, and to be polite, they are strict and unwavering. the days of a verbal warning are long gone.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:20pm - Nov 4,15 
If you have your walking boots on(waders) You can park along the old lemont road between lemont rd and the river. I have never seen a ticket on a car there and it is not very far from the river(but somewhat of a hike from the decent spots).

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:33pm - Nov 6,15 
There is a ton of fish in that area. The hunting isn't allowed near that Lemont Road bridge, although it still happens to be hunted, but it's technically cook county property until you get past the 355 bridge into Will. If you are talking about the temple, that is Lemont Road bridge and you can take that first left before you get to the temple and park on that side. I have never been ticketed over there or harassed. I have been harassed on the other side though but did not get a ticket for parking next to that cement place (now a school bus parking lot?). It may be different now, that backwater holds a lot of good fish but it has been so pressured in the past 5 years that it almost isn't worth it. I fished there since I was 12 years old and it used to be really good.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:03pm - Nov 9,15 
Agreed area is way over fished with kayakers, boaters, waders. Pressure has had an impact on finding fish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:49am - Dec 31,15 
DesPlaines up north in Riverside/Lyons has a lot of Northerns. Not surprised they're further down Lemont ways. I used to use a 4-5 inch shiner for them

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:02pm - Dec 31,15 
Yes there are northerns and walleye and smallmouth by the Temple. But as mentioned it is heavily pressured. I too am a believer of figuring it out for yourself. On that note, Just a few miles west of there the fishing is better and you will need waders.

Board index » Rivers » Des Plaines
Jump to: