Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:08am - May 25,14 
hello; i am looking for a guide to take me and grandsons pike fishing on the des plaines river ; i have 2 grandsons 14 and 16 soon 15 and 17 years old . they both have fished quite a bit ; have a 2 acre pond on their property ; but have never caught or fished for pike ; would like to go over summer i'm retired and they will be on summer vacation soon. they are both good young men and so far have been following rules and advise getting good grades and good manners ; so i tell them that good hard work will tender rewards and this pike fishing trip will be one of the rewards .
i am willing to pay a reasonable fee for the trip ; we have chartered salmon trip before on lake Michigan .
i am not familiar with the river and thus need a guide .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:39am - May 25,14 
Dv just my two cents but if you want to get the kids into pike i would try wolf lake first,IL side. good chance of getting them into fish using standard bass tactics spinners,shallow diving cranks. As for the desplains, I use to launch my small 12 footer from madison st. and fish the willow springs area and past 83 with good but not great luck. live bait seems to work best for bigger fish. spinners in black and white or chartreuse caught numbers. best live bait for me was small blue gill caught from the river. there is a lot of accessible shore line along the river,best area for me was under 355 bridge. i saw some nice pike caught in that area! sorry i cant help with a guide. other option would be the kankakee and there is a guide on here that advertises for that river.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:44am - May 25,14 
Grab your fly charter capt. Aducci I think he could help you out. desplains is a rough river to float, a lot of debris.

Board index » Rivers » Des Plaines
Jump to: