Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:03pm - Apr 25,14 
Today I had sectionals for my high school on the Des Plaines. Since we can only have two boats and six members two of us had to rotate and I chose to take the second shift. Since I had time to kill, me and my friend went over to a pond down the street from the marina. We started hooking into fish pretty quickly. In just under two hours our top five fish were pretty close to ten pounds. We both got some big ones and some small ones. The biggest I caught was around 3lbs. We got all our fish on a white and chartreuse spinnerbait.
Once it was time for my shift I decided that we should throw spinnerbaits all day since we were doing so well on the pond with them. My partner and I got about eleven bass, most of them on spinnerbaits, and none of them were too short to keep. We were catching fish up until the end of the tournament. Our final weight for the tourney was 11.66lbs and landed us in third place. Since this was sectionals, the top three boats get to go to Lake Carlyle for the state tournament. Can't wait for that.
Here's our top five:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:47pm - Apr 25,14 
:allah :gpost Good luck on Carlyle!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:12pm - Apr 26,14 
Carlyle is a great lake for Bass. I've fished it quite often and everytime there I have done well. You guys sound like you know what your doing. It won't take you long to figure this lake out. Wishing you guys the best with your Tourney. Bring the Trophy Home. Good Luck and Tight Lines. :allah

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:28pm - Apr 26,14 
good work guys

Board index » Rivers » Des Plaines
Jump to: