Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:04am - Jun 13,13 
It's been awhile since I have been active here, but been quite busy with tournaments. Now with two months off, I am looking to do what I do best, Fish and Film!

I live in Orland Park and I am looking to take my wife to the Des Plaines River on Saturday form some pike and bass action. Being since I have never been to the Des Plaines, I am not sure where to go for shoreline access to the river. I like how it looks in Lemont on Lemont Road by the bridge, but I keep reading that there are river restrictions in Lemont.

Can anyone point me in the right direction> Looking to film some pike and bass action using some inline spinnerbaits from CS Lures!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:42pm - Jun 13,13 
To catch fish on that part of the Des Plaines you must find structure and breaks in the current. I try to target rocky bottoms and creeks mouths. I have never had much luck around the bridges in Lemont. I have caught bass, pike, and crappie near the mouth of Sawmill creek in Waterfall Glen FP and the rock dam / old bridge a little east of Sawmill creek. With all this rain you might be in for an adventure in the mud. I haven't much success on that part of the river this year. Good luck.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:44am - Jun 14,13 
the river may be a bit high and fast flowing with all the rain that has come through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWyVuLRNLQI

Board index » Rivers » Des Plaines
Jump to: