Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:05pm - Feb 21,11 
Me and a few friends are looking for a good spot to take a trip at the end of march, I came across the Missouri trout park system and it seems perfect for our budget, I'm just wondering if anyone on here has actually fished it before and what's it like any help would be great, thanks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28am - Feb 22,11 
well...kind of. I havent actually fished in the trout park, but have seen them in action. things can get a little crowded on the weekends there. Plan on trying to fish at least a day or so during the week as they do get quite a few people out during the weekends. They sound a horn at the start and finish of the day....so you cant fish b4 or after. I'm pretty sure all of them have a hatchery on site which is interesting to see. I'm sure it has a day limit and you have to keep the fish you catch. The campground seemed to be really nice and must have nice facilities as everything else is pretty much in quality condition. there is some shore access but recommend waders!!! I'm sorry i'm a little vague here but I have only went into the lodge, toured the hatchery and drove by the stream a bunch of times. I fish the river downstream from one of the parks. Its catch and release only and has potential for some bigger fish. Have done ok...nothing spectacular...but the scerenity is what i look for and absence of other anglers. its a way tougher fish though. PM me if you decide to go for a few tips on tactics.

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:40am - Feb 22,11 
I fished Bennett Springs in MO several times during college. It is what it is. As Geo said they sound a bell when they release the fish in the morning. The closer you are to the release point the more restrictive baits you can use. Fly fishing only in the first section.

If you want to spend a few nice days camping and guarantee some fish to cook up for lunch and dinner then it can be a fun time.

Here is an old thread on it.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13349&p=72281&hilit=trout#p72281

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:22pm - Feb 23,11 
Thanks for the replies guys, I think where gonna head down there to roaring river SP and spend a few days during the week there and camp, sounds like a nice place.

Board index » The Tackle Box » Trade A Trip
Jump to: