Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:13am - Jun 23,18 
Bounced around and hit three lakes, one a new body of water for me. Even though river fishing seems like it may never happen again, I still get to don my waders with all of the submerged shorelines in the area. Lake #1 I'm pretty sure would have been the money but that water was too high to wade into to get decent casting angles. Went 1-2 before pulling the plug after spending too much time there. Unfortunately that single fish was pretty decent and came as soon as I got there prompting me to make too much of a concerted effort before bailing.

Lake #2 was much easier to fish and about 1/4 of the size of the first lake. Lots of action, but all little fish. I liked this guy:

In reality, Lake #3 was actually Lake #4, as the intended Lake #3 was too full to wade the shoreline not knowing where the eight foot drop off was. So I moved to the downstream drainage lake for an inaugural try figuring at worst I may learn something knew. Well I learned that this new lake may be the best of the bunch. Probably between two and three acres, the lake has surprisingly good depth. Easy access, good casting lanes, and quality fish as it turned out. Got a confidence fish about five casts in.

And it was off to the races. They were eating, as this guy's gullet is proof of that.

Fish #8, #9, and #11 were dandies.

The way they were hitting I would guess just about any presentation would work if you could put it in front of them. Certain lures weren't practical with the conditions however. Didn't have the stones to risk my only Whopper Plopper for very long. Didn't feel like climbing a tree to get it back. I got the majority on a 1/2 double willow spinnerbait with a 4" paddletail in white. The biggest was about 19" and came on a 4" Senko.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:32am - Jun 24,18 
Gotta love the pond hop. Nice work!
Check your pm when you have a second.

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:53am - Jun 24,18 
Jmdog, what the heck does this mean? "Even though river fishing seems like it may never happen again". I kind of recall your back giving you problems but not to this extent. Say it ain't so!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:01pm - Jun 24,18 
Nah chuck, I'm just talking about the flooding everywhere. The Fox and Des Plaines have been too dangerous to wade. The Dupe has either been too high or too low when I've had some fishing time set aside. So I've been opting for small lakes to scratch the itch.

@Husker, I don't see anything in my pm. Maybe msg got interrupted?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:30pm - Jun 24,18 
Looks like it didn’t go through.
It was just congrats on the Kwik Trip

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21pm - Jun 24,18 
Oh lol thanks :)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26pm - Jun 24,18 
jmdog wrote:
Oh lol thanks :)

Figured it was you or your evil twin! :rotflmao

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:58am - Jun 25,18 
Whew, jmdog, you had me concerned. The river level has been fluctuating and you may be correct about it not settling for a while. I keep thinking of taking the fly rod to local ponds just to put a little difference into the outings. And who wants to wear waders when it is in the 80's-90's?

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: