Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:48pm - Apr 24,17 
Got my buddy and headed to Shabbona hoping for a good time. Arrived at 920am and there were a lot of boats! Baitshop said bass were biting and male crappies in the cribs. So we got our minnows and headed towards the north shore. Boy, there were a boat on each crib. Also on the cribs off somonauk point. sAW THE CRAPPIE PROFESSOR out with clients Got into an area around some trees in the no motor zone and started. Got one small crappie and we moved. Some got 1 or 2 fish only. We headed south to find cribs and again a boat on each crib. So it it was off to the deep trees. Hit a sunken tree stump that i did not see with my trolling motor. A couple nibbles on crawlers on the bottom. Then we left/ Water was 56 when we start and got to 58 when we left. I think next weekend might turn them on but it was a perfect day, light winds, sunny and good temps. Someday I'll catch some fish there..No one was really catching any.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:58pm - Apr 24,17 
Not many catch fish there. Put in the years and it can happen. Go early such as dawn or late when the boat renters are gone. Lake has a lot of pressure so use a bait that others aren't.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:27pm - Apr 24,17 
:drink we started around 730...left around 330...65-70 on the clicker...never broke 11"....tried a lot of shallow areas hoping to find active spawners....heard bigger girls in the deep trees... 8)~ ....next time say hello Mr. Crappie....might be able to steer you towardem'

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: