Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:51pm - Jun 27,16 
Rented a boat from Jack and Lydia's and tried this lake out for the first time Friday. What a gem -- thought I had died and went to Polish Paradise.

Action was sporadic, with all hits occurring on the deep side of the weed line across the lake from the dock. I went 3/5 with LMB -- 2 landed and 2 missed on a 2.5" white tube jig tipped with a warm on a float. This setup was for intended gills and crappie, but bass were the only takers. Another LMB landed on a warm floated down about 5', in addition to a small 'gill. Trolled a bit in the hopes of pike or maybe some walleye, but only got one small perch that was about the same size of the shiner rap he nailed. Fish were active throughout the water column -- key seemed to be putting your bait right where the weeds stopped. No shallow water activity yet, and nothing happening in the middle of the lake.

Nothing of size, but a beautiful day on what could be my new favorite local lake. Only regret I had was docking before the pig roast was ready at Jack's...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:44pm - Jun 27,16 
whoa, I didn't know they do pig roasts. I love that place! Can't wait for this heat to die down so I could actually enjoy a day out there. I couldn't imagine being out there on a day like today.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06am - Jun 28,16 
Yeah, they built an open-air roasting shack with a spit and a few family-style table -- right behind the sand volleyball court. Not sure how new that is since it was my first time there? Anyway, there was something turning in the spit and it smelt pig-like, so that's what I assume it was (being Polish myself, I have an excellent nose for meat). Cool place. I dig the whole European beer garden feel to the property. Can't wait to bring the fiance...when it's a bit cooler.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:37pm - Jul 28,16 
I get out there once a year as our musky club does a youth outing with one hope united which is located on the lake. I think they stock a southern strain of bluegill as we have caught them as big as 13" and 2lbs. The kids have a blast. We drop the kids off and while waiting for our trailer to be backed down we make some casts and last June caught 30 fish waiting for my trailer. All catch and release for us. Very clear Lake and full of native weed types.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:53am - Aug 11,16 
Huh -- that makes sense re the bluegills. I brought the fiance along last weekend and we were nailing them. Several were larger and put up much more of a fight than the LMB!!!

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: