Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:07am - Oct 26,14 
Finished my "Honey do" list and headed out to Centennial Park. Caught my limit of trout in a little over an hour.
One came on a trout minnow under a pencil bobber. The others came on yellow power bait floating off the bottom. #14 trebble, power bait with a little piece of styrafoam imbedded in it, 10" off the bottom. Key was to make sure it was a small piece of bait. Had a good time.

Afterwards went down to the Sterling/Rock falls lower dam and cast around. I'm still learning how to "feel" baits in a river. Quite an art. Had a local show me a few tricks on how to "snap the line" to get a jig unstuck. Had something on for a few minutes that had my rod bent and straightened the hook. All and all a good day fishing.
Good luck!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:21am - Oct 26,14 
Tasty :) When I see a mess of trout like that, the only thing going through my mind is butter.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:36am - Oct 27,14 
Im thinking more in the line like apple wood, honey,cracked pepper, salt and brown sugar for the smoker. Those little buggers are like candy.

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: