Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:05am - Jul 22,13 
Spent much time in the past fishing the Fox Chain. In the last few years have not purchased the chain sticker for the boat, too busy/too crazy for summer time fishing, so haven't wanted to spend the money on the sticker. Besides Loon Lake near Antioch, what are some good options to put the boat in and do some bass, walleye, or pike fishing. Looking for lakes within about an hours drive from the far northwesrt side of Chicago near O'hare. Cannot put into a no-motor lake, motor is permanently mounted and over 10 horse. Do not mind paying a launch fee. Also, do not want to go over to Wisconsin, I know theres some good fishing just over the border but do not have a Wisconsin License since I frequent Michigan for out of state fishing more often so purchase a license there.

Any Ideas appreciated!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:47pm - Jul 22,13 
Is braidwood in your distance?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:15am - Jul 23,13 
Tatertot, thanks for the response! Never been there, but just looked it up. It would be an hour 15 min to an hour 30 min drive, not bad. For some reason I always thought Braidwood was farther, but google maps doesn't lie. Definitely worth a try. I see there are two launches, one at the north end and the other at the south end. Is either launch better than the other??

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:30pm - Jul 23,13 
I only knew about the north one. You also have wolf lake on the Indiana boarder.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:34pm - Jul 23,13 
If braidwood is that close than heidecke is about 15 minutes closer to you. Also there is a place just south of braidwood called mazonia. It's trolling motor only but you can leave your gas engine on lol. Just do t use it. I have done some good fishing there pulled some nice bass out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:04am - Aug 15,13 
I would pass on wolf lake for now. Springtime the lake was on fire bass northern walleye n catfish but it has been slow for weeks the regulars aren't catching much and there putting in a lot of hours. Hopefully it will pick up as we head into fall if it does ill post a report. On a good note the lakes have been stocked with walleye lg mouth channels n sunfish so far this yr

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: