Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:52pm - May 28,13 
Tried some catfishing, no luck. Caught a couple of bull heads but that was it. Suprised to not catch any channels after hearing all the fame about great catfishing here. Heard a couple small crappie were caught and saw one guy pull in a nice fish while trolling. Did hear a lot of turkey gobbling at dusk. that was cool. Is there good catfishing??

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:46pm - May 29,13 
:drink Are you shore-bound or do you have a boat???

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:48pm - May 29,13 
If you are shore bound I would try fishing the rock riprap at the dam. As the water warms this will be a key spawning area. Check with the staff at the tackle shop. They are very knowledgeable and get reports daily. Shabbona does have very nice catfish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:20pm - May 30,13 
Yes.. fishing from shore. Most of the lakes i catfish the dams are not that great. Fished near the no wake zone a little south and the southernmost pier. All we caught was a couple of bullheads.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:08pm - May 31,13 
:drink The dam face is better during the summer for me...not so much the spring....if you hit the dam this time of year try the 2 corners...also near the dam on the west side are some stone piers I helped place years ago that will help get out from shore... you stated that you tried earthen pier 5 and didn't connect...next time out try closer to the restaurant on the same shore...again there are some out croppings that will help get closer to the weeds...the next earthen pier(number 4) north and east of the boat rental has a good drop on the lake side that several large fish come from every season...this time of year I do very well with worms and leeches..not sure what you tried...Clint or Denny from the shop can help you with more intel...just thought I would give you some other spots to try...

p.s. don't forget chicken liver or sonny's stink bait.. :winker

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: