Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:11pm - May 27,13 
Took my daughter to a recreational park district lake to play around 6pm while her mom was getting off working at a nearby hospital. Of course I had my fishing gear in the car. Once her mom got off and took her home I had a little over an hour to fish before sun down. Im not crazy about this particular lake , panfish and bullheads are the most abundant with the occasional perch , crappie , and small bass - always under 12 in for me ... until now... I had two rods , one with a nightcrawler 6 in. under slip bobber with # 4 bait hook , and I was casting texas rigged senkos with the other one. After over an hour nothing but small panfish or turtles stealing my nightcrawlers. At around 8:15 pm just as I was ready to call it quits and had little day light left, saw some movement with my bobber. When I picked my rod up the bobber went down followed by a strong tug. I expected a strong bluegill or cat until I saw it jump sideways out water. I knew right then it was a long bass or possibly a mythical pike that supposedly inhabit this lake , although I never seen one. Ended up with this 16 in bass , my biggest of 2013 so far!
http://www.chitown-angler.com/pichostin ... 9590&pos=2

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:16pm - May 27,13 
Another pic next to my size 12s
http://www.chitown-angler.com/pichostin ... 9590&pos=0

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:19pm - May 27,13 
Nice way to end the day!

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Post Posted: 06:41pm - May 27,13 
Theres some decent bass in there, and loads of carp. Grew up fishing there, nice fish!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:03pm - May 27,13 
I heard about the carp , never targeted carp or caught landed one .I fished it a dozen times or so.. really want to try to take my kayak out and fish the west shoreline . My first decent bass . From a rig that is more likely to catch panfish too. Have heard of some caught by the regulars haven't actually witnessed one yet. To me its the perfect spot for close family outing especially with young kids. Very clean and things to do other then fish.

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: