Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:34pm - May 26,13 
Well, with the rainy weather being forecasted for this Memorial Day weekend, and seeing that it was cloudy, I headed out to Whalon Lake hoping to catch some bass. I was shore bound so I tried the south shoreline looking for some fish. I thought that crawlers were the perfect bait of choice. Set my rig for 3 feet down under a bobber and worked the weeds close to shore. Moved around a bit. Got two bites, swing and a miss. Next bite landed my 1st bass, a 1.5lber! moved along and caught more. Total was 6 bass, one pushing 2 lbs, one thru the hook and 4 missed bites. These bass are fun to catch, and the ones I caught are still swimming.

On a sad note, a huge flock of cormorants have invaded the lake. They seem to be following the shad schools around the lake. These birds can dedecimate lake in no time, even the outdoor writer for the sun-times mentioned a huge influx of these birds being spotted at many lakes. One other thing, a guy was catching small bluegills and filling his bucket. Is there a limit? Also is there a phone number to call to complain about this? I think these folks that keep fish can sometimes be worse than the birds I mentioned.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:58pm - May 26,13 
Bucket heads are the lowest. at least the bird will stop when they are full. Sadly, there isn't a number to reach the WCFP police. But I've seen Bolingbrook PD checking documents there from time to time. Maybe a call to their non-emergency number will help. 630-226-8660.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:59am - May 27,13 
WCFPD can be reached through the Sheriffs Dept, non-emergency number. (815) 727-8575

Also, if you establish yourself as a credible complainant, most of the guys will even give you their direct cell numbers. Do not call Bolingbrook.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:21am - May 27,13 
Thanks Bobba.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:51am - May 27,13 
Usually no creel/size limits on gills. I don't know if Whalon might have one. It sucks seeing such small fish taken but in some cases there's nothing you can do.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:56pm - Jun 25,13 
Will County FPD Dispatch number is 815-727-6191. I've called several times on guys keeping small bass and being jerks when they were educated on limits. Their response was good, as they can see if officers are in the area.

15 gill limit at Whalon, 1 bass 18"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:40am - Jun 26,13 
itbme wrote:
Will County FPD Dispatch number is 815-727-6191.

That number will work also. That is a secondary line for the Will County Sheriffs, non-emergency number. Either number will bring you to the same place.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:58pm - Jul 4,13 
I always call the poachers hot line on the bucket heads. The number is (877) 2DNRLAW if you do see people taking illegal fish this is the number to call. I've called several times while fishing Miliken Lake on guys taking short bass and smallmouth out of the dam area during the spawn.

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: