Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54pm - Oct 9,10 
I had the day off from work, so I decided to hit shabby with the family for the day. It was a beautiful day to be out on the water for early October. Water temps varied from 60 to 63. I fished for muskie all day. Not a single follow! I thought I would have better action with the new moon. My daughter and wife fished for bass with no luck. Bass were busting shad in the morning, but they couldn't seem to get a hookup. So after we had lunch in town at Screamers, they decided to fish for crappie. The crappie action was good. Find the wood and find the crappie on a slip bobber and minnow with a gold hook. It was a great day with the family. The only bad part of the day was my son spilling his soda on the boat. I guess that's why the make carpet cleaner.

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 06:29am - Oct 10,10 
Nice Ken, sounds like you guys had a good time. After spilling a Diet Pepsi in my boat, I went to Walgreens and picked up some of those plastic bottle tops that snap on to the top of the can. I think they have them in the "as seen on TV" isle. Problem solved.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:28am - Oct 10,10 
Bearsfan wrote:
Nice Ken, sounds like you guys had a good time. After spilling a Diet Pepsi in my boat, I went to Walgreens and picked up some of those plastic bottle tops that snap on to the top of the can. I think they have them in the "as seen on TV" isle. Problem solved.

Those are pretty neat. Do they make them for 20oz cups with plastic tops?? :rotflmao

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 10:20am - Oct 10,10 
:D Cold water should take the stain out of the carpet, yes? The kind of cold water when ya take on a wave or two in Lake Michigan? :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:49pm - Oct 11,10 
Thanks for the update on crappie bite... doesn't sound like an awful day. just a slow one...

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: