Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:12pm - Apr 19,10 
went out today for a few hours between 4:30 pm and 7pm. Hit a local lake not far from home. Really wasnt expecting much, but i did have some night crawlers left from the weekend to drown. Put out 1 pole on the bottom with a crawler...and did some casting. after about 20 mins...i look over..bottom rod is pulling like crazy...i run over set the hook...hmmm nice fish....landed a 20 inch catfish. Maybe i'm not just wasting time? Reset the line and continued casting..picked up 3 smaller bass 10-12 range. Ok...this was worth the drive i'm thinking. Make another cast and wham...fish on...after a good fight i landed a nice fat 16 inch largemouth. Ok..definitely worth the trip!! Picked up 2 more smaller bass...then wham fish on...this is a really good fish...landed a fat 17 inch largemouth bass. I look over at my bottom pole ..i'm getting a hit there...picked up a small bluegill. didnt have another hit on the bottom after that. Getting ready to call it a day...nah..have to make a few more casts! Bammm ...fish on....nice 15 inch bass. So from going out to waste some time...I ended up having a pretty good day!!
And of course i took a few breaks from casting and picked up some small pieces of trash and deposited them in the garbage can!! a couple handfuls less junk at this lake. so a good day fishing and a cleaner shore then when i arrived!!! all fish were released to fight another day!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54am - Apr 20,10 
Sounds like you had a good time.

Fish on!

8)~

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:26am - Apr 20,10 
There you go Kevhead!

You know we are gonna have to try the lake we ice fished this winter. Although we did not get any Bass on tipups the big mommas should be close to shore. Let me know if you have sunday available.

Val :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:12pm - Apr 20,10 
sundays are tough Val....maybe we can meet up where I went yesterday. Plenty of nice bass there. just about as close for you. cant wait too long, weeds are starting to grow.

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:07pm - Apr 21,10 
:D went w/the girls yesterday for an hour. wooooo weeee bass ahoooooy!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:21pm - Apr 21,10 
awe right Ivory Lotus!!!! Now for sure i'm glad i let you know....because you seized the moment!!! Atta Girls!!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:14pm - Apr 21,10 
Wow Kev, that's more than just a good day! Sounds like a pretty good day. Glad you could give the girls a tip- bet they had a blast too!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:57pm - Apr 21,10 
yah they did. I have some pictures off the phone I could post- am I supposed to blur out the background or make it all black :D he heee

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: