Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:33pm - Sep 22,03 
Hit Apple Canyon Today with JP. First of all, Thanks again John, what a great day to be out! Couldn’t ask for a better time!
When we arrived it was overcast and misting, perfect! Couldn’t ask for better conditions, however, I knew that it had to change. The front was coming through and that would make the fishing tough. We hit several fish in the first hour of fishing. My fish came on Black/Blue 4” power craw and JP’s on a 1/4oz black spinnerbait. Then it happened! The front passed the skies got blue and the wind picked up! Well fishing became tough and Structure was the key. We focused on trees and docks, picking up a fish here and there. JP switched to whole crawlers on a #4 hook. I was resistant and wanted to stick with the plastics, but when JP started picking up fish after fish and then the Gills turned on, of course I had to switch! Overall we ended the day with about 50 bass and we kept about 10 gills that had about 5 of them exceeding 9” each! Man am I tired! Time for bed!LOL.

<center>A nice one by JP

A 22" pike that hit by the boat on a Black spinnerbait

Some yummy dinner

ImageImage

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:49am - Sep 23,03 
Cory, had a great time having you out. I think considering the frontal conditions we fished we did pretty well. I think we may have done better if the wind didn't kill my trolling motor battery so quickly(time for the 24v). That northern was a great way to end the day, I'm so happy to start seeing that we're getting a few this year. I'm optimistic in the next couple years I might start seeing some with some good size.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:29pm - Sep 23,03 
Poor, poor Any.
He's feelin sad and sorry.
He never gets to go!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:11pm - Sep 23,03 
Come on now Any, you're the one goin' smallie fishin' instead :wink:

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:06pm - Sep 24,03 
but a trip for five and six pound Smallmouth doesn't hold water to a good ole Knobby Headed Mamma Jamma Hootchie Momma Hoedown!

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: