Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:44pm - Aug 4,03 
Hit ACL with JP today and had a great time. If I said we caught at least 50 bass I think I would be under estimating.

<center>Image</center>

The morning started off foggy and overcast so we started the day with surface baits which was a good time! You could see the bass follow or blow up on the baits and I think I needed to wait until the fish got the baits in their mouths before setting the hook.

<center>Image</center>

As the surface bite slowed JP’s bait of choice was a black spinner bait, he smacked them around pretty good on that bait. Mine was a ¼ orange jig had and a pumpkin pepper crawfish or black/recd metal flake jig.

<center>Image</center>

<center>Image</center>

We caught fish everywhere we stopped and at the end of the day JP pointed out my last fish to me and I ended the day with my last of many gorgeous bass.

<center>Image
</center>

Hey Bob, what kind of bird is this?

<center>Image</center>

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:15pm - Aug 4,03 
Looks like some type of Sandpiper, member of the Plover family. Pretty common, unlike it's cousin the Piping Plover which is endangered. There are a few Piping Plover nesting areas along the beaches & dunes in Indiana. Neat little bird.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:25am - Aug 5,03 
Marc wrote:
Hey Bob, what kind of bird is this?

LMAO :lol:

The "Human Encyclopedia"...(Which I truely appreciate and welcome :wink: ) is going by the wayside because:

Bob is the closest human form of a "search engine" I know......thus, my new nickname for him......
G O O G L E
:lol: :P 8) :lol: :P 8)

Murph

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:10am - Aug 5,03 
Marc, I had a great time as well it was a pleasure having you along. Bob, I thought we were gonna get the species, genus, phylum and all that good stuff on that bird. Wasn't a standard sandpiper as it didn't have a ring around it's neck. Another great day on the lake.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:12am - Aug 5,03 
I can't thank you enough JP, that was a sweet time on the water and thanks for suppling me with all the tackle.

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: