Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:02pm - Jul 21,03 
I've been getting lucky and have been able to get out to ACL for the last 3 mondays in a row!!!!!! Today's fishing was a little tougher than any other this year so far, but still pretty darned good. Ended up with 39 bass over 15" between two guys and 24 gills 6-9", with multiple dink bluegills, but not too many small bass. Start of the day water was calm, no wind, topwater bite was on again but only managed 3 nice LM's before the wind kicked up. My guest today isn't especially well versed in fishing for bass or gills and I ended up with 13 bass in the boat before he got his 1st one, I was actually faking birdsnests to give him 1st shot at some prime spots but he went shopping at Galyans and purchased some crazy $hit he insisted on using. Once he got rid of the skunk, we picked up and fished for some gills, not quite as easy to find them as last time out but once we did we spent a couple hours culling a nice mess. The key this trip: crickets, I saw them at the bait shop I frequent out there and he just started carrying them. This got the wheels spinning as we use them all the time down south, glad I got 'em, waxies weren't producing the bulls they did last week. Biggest bass of the day was a 3lb LM I got on an ultralight fishing gills, I hooked a 3"ish gill and while reeling him in the bass came out of nowhere and slammed him, knocked him off the jig, then turned around and hit the falling jig(yea I meant to do that :lol: ), had two bite offs on the waxies also, one fish was huge and almost spooled me before biting me off, and the other bit me off on the hookset. Also got a nice 2.5lb smallie, not the 4.5 from last week, but this one I got pics of along with the big lm and one of the bigger gills we got today which will be posted as soon as they're emailed to me.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:28am - Jul 24,03 
I got 2 out of 4 images taken via email the others didn't come through but I should have 'em within a day or so, the bigger LM and one of the gills. My partner made sure he got all my chins in these pics......on the bright side though I must be losing weight, you can see my belt in these pics!!!!!Image

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:25am - Jul 24,03 
So how much time does a law enforcement officer get these days? :lol:

Quote:
on the bright side though I must be losing weight, you can see my belt in these pics!!!!!

It's from all the damn fishing you've been doing!

Give me a little notice and I'm ready. I will have to scam some tackle from you since my Bass days are well behind me and I just gave all my platics to someone that will use them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28am - Jul 25,03 
You know you don't have to worry about my time off :wink: Even if I didn't have a ton of time banked, I have plenty of sick days, IE. extra vacation days. Doesn't look like the other images are still available, user error on other end, I've got to get my own digital camera someday, or start keeping disposables on the boat again. I was hoping to post the gill pic so I could prove to the gillmaster himself ANY that we are actually catching those bruisers I claim to be. Oh well, I'll just have to catch some more and photograph 'em myself :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:27am - Jul 26,03 
OK, the user didn't make an error sending it. He was embarrassed since he got his thumb in the pic on a digital(can't say I've seen that before :shock: on a digital image). ANYways here is one of the average larger gills from the lake, it measured out at just over 8" on the bass ruler.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:21am - Jul 26,03 
JP
It seems your having one hell of a year out at the lake...good for you.

Murph

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: