Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:23pm - Jun 9,03 
Well it's not technically south of I80 but it's west of 39 so that's good enough for me. Got on the water around 9am as I had to register my boat for the season and the office doesn't open until 8. Two weeks in a row a guest has crapped out on me at the last minute(Marc I would have called ya but it was 11pm when I found out), so I went solo. Total for the day, 47 largemouth over 15", 3 smallies(biggest 2.7lbs), 1 northern 19". I only stayed out until 3:30pm. I actually bought a counter from BPS so I could log how many bass I caught(didn't count the squeakers) because alot of folks in my circle of friends don't believe that we catch 100+ decent bass in a day between two people here quite frequently and I usually lose legitimate count after 10. After fishing this lake for over 7 years, I finally caught my first northern and had a monster 30+" fish follow me up, by the time I remembered to figure 8 my spinnerbait he was gone. I also had a smallmouth that had to go 4-5lbs slap at my bait right by the boat, I went back later to the area and worked it with every proven smallie bait I own but couldn't find him again. 95% of the fish came on a black 1/4 oz spinnerbait, but the big smallie came on my first cast of the day with buzzbait fished in 2' of water chock full of weeds, go figure :shock: . I also got an 18" largemouth on the my first cast of the day with a plastic worm. I'm gonna lay off the lake for a couple weeks as most bass were ready to burst with eggs or milt, and I had alot of fish slap at my baits so I assume they were already on the beds. Weather was great, traffic was light, I actually remembered to put on sunscreen before I burned, and deer and turkeys everywhere to boot, couldn't ask for a better day.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:04am - Jun 10,03 
Damn JP it sounds like you wacked them and scoped the area for hunting season.

Thanks for thinking about me but this week would have been bad anyway, I'm trying to get out after work with bowhunt and I'm having problems setting that up.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:17am - Jun 10,03 
JP, is that a private lake?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:26am - Jun 10,03 
Marc, we'll get out there sometime this year. And unfortunately all deer seen were in the subdivision where of course there's no hunting. Mike, it is a private lake which allows property owners only to use it, and it's very well managed.

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: