Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:07pm - Jul 23,20 
It has been so long since I have been at the lake front. Where is a good place to park just for me to go sit on the rocks and lok at the water? I assume parking costs your left nut but that is okay. I just don't want to go into town and deal with the traffic. Maybe just south of McCormack's Place? Get off I-55 and head south. Or should I go north?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:03am - Jul 24,20 
I would recommend that you go to Winthrop Harbor on the IL & Wisco Border . If you go to the Northpoint Marina there, they have an excellent North beach there, fishing pier , and nice restaurant called the Tropics, where you can sit outside on tables , and enjoy the Lake , while you have a nice lunch or dinner ! They also serve cocktails. The Tropics is closed on Mondays . Next to the beach and launch ramps there is a fish cleaning station for the fisherman . Around Noon time the boat fisherman come back in from the lake, and clean their catch there. If you have kids , they will love this sandy beach ! No alcohol or pets allowed on beach ! Have Fun and Enjoy ! :sun2

FYI: Northpoint Marina is about a 45 min drive from Ohare Field Via Tollway 294 !
FREE PARKING !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:35am - Jul 24,20 
There is no parking within a 1/4 mile of the actual shoreline in Chicago. All parking east of Lake Shore Drive is currently closed except for the Shedd's lot and that is $30....

I'll 2nd the notion to go up to Northpoint or Waukegan...

Board index » Lake Michigan » General Lake Michigan
Jump to: