Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:19am - Dec 20,19 
The reason is TRAFFIC.. You can not block or obstruct traffic on navigable waters. Think of it this way. You go and get a limit of JUMBO perch out of Belmont. You go on CHI TOWN and brag with pictures of the fish you got. The next day there are 90 boats fishing in the harbor. All the charter captains cant get their boats out to go fishing  because of the BOAT TRAFFIC . It seems some on here confuse RIGHTS with PRIVILEGES. There are NO RIGHTS to fishing in the harbors. You can obtain the PRIVILEGE of fishing if you obey the LAWS governing the act. Think of it this way.. The expressways are public property so i should be able to ride my bike or skateboard or rollerblade on it  because its is public . The reason you cant is because you would OBSTRUCT the flow of Traffic.  If you go into any of the harbors now  NO one will kick you out because there is no longer BOAT TRAFFIC. It seems that is just common sense. 

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 12:06pm - Dec 20,19 
Fishy Scent wrote:
Here's a brave guy who knows and is willing to assert his rights. He is in Wisconsin but it is similar here in IL.

https://youtu.be/NjXkPv89yck

So let me ask you. If this Brave Guy came up right in front of you while you were shore fishing would you respect his legal rights of boating\fishing in navigational waters would you ignore it or would you take another course of action.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:44pm - Dec 20,19 
If I were there first he would be impeding my legal privileges.

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/il-h ... terference

Also I agree you can't block waterways but if I'm not anchored I'm a moving vessel as well and as long as I respect everyone else's rights and privileges to use the water there should be no problem. Think of the mouth of the Calumet river or the gaps at Milwaukee harbor, those are busy places but you can fish there no problem.(but you shouldn't anchor or block traffic.)

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Lake Michigan » General Lake Michigan
Jump to: