Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:29am - Dec 27,17 
Hope you're all staying warm! I'm headed down to the Aquarium with the family today. Going to have the wife drive, so that I can check out the harbors on the way down. I have never ice fished the harbors before. I know how and where to catch perch, but was looking for some advice/suggestions and targeting trout/pike or any other species as well. Does Ogden slip ever freeze over? or do they keep it open with bubblers? Seems like it would be a great spot for winter crappie. Are any harbors better than others for trout? Tip ups? Anyhow....hoping this stretch of really cold weather freezes some of the harbors. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Folks!

Dubzee!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:03pm - Dec 28,17 
I usually fish Montrose. 3 years ago the bite was incredible with lots of jumbos. The last 2 years it's been dead, nothing but dinks, and tons of them. Sounds like there is a good chance the jumbos will be in this year so i'll be giving that a shot. I've surprisingly only pulled one trout on a tipup and it was a small 13" rainbow. My buddy caught a 39" pike on a tipup as well but that was pretty much it. That's is in many hours on the ice. I don't specifically target trout out there but some people do jig for them and are successful using jigging raps. Good luck let us know where you end up/how you do!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:27am - Jan 1,18 
Anyone have reports on harbor ice thickness?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:27am - Jan 1,18 
Anyone have reports on harbor ice thickness?

Board index » Lake Michigan » General Lake Michigan
Jump to: