Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:30am - Apr 11,15 
I was told of a spot north of Kankakee river near stateline off of 113 . Going south on route 1 to route 14 south to route 13 and follow 13 to the T and turn left going north it is on the right side right at the turn in the road.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:07pm - Apr 11,15 
I was also told it's an old quarry.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:18pm - Apr 11,15 
i know of it-private property and gets fished a lot like so many other semi secret spots.dont know the status of whether you can still get in there.hey nice weather for a drive you could always try the stateline area if you cant get in

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:56pm - Apr 13,15 
Although the land access may be private, the river is public to the high water mark. Just a tidbit.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:07am - Apr 14,15 
dacas1 wrote:
Although the land access may be private, the river is public to the high water mark. Just a tidbit.

It is a shame the pretty much all law enforcement agencies ignore this federal statue. If they are in the mood they will write you ticket, and don't expect the judge to rule in your favor unless you want to shell out for a lawyer.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:14pm - Apr 15,15 
That is a shame, and fortunately, I've never been written a citation. I'm only speculating, but a simple Google search and a PDF printout of the law, I would think would suffice to defend yourself in court.

Nobody would hire a lawyer to defend a couple hundred dollar ticket anyway.

The waterways are public, guys. If you're wading in front of someone's land, politely tell them that they own the land and not the river. It's your call on what to do if they get snarky. Usually it's best to be nice and tell them you understand their point, and tell them what a nice place they have. Then tell them that anything you catch will either be released or you will give it to them (bulls_t). Then tell them you'll bring them a bottle of whatever they like next time.

Better to be nice than to argue, or God forbid fight the guy. If the nice route fails, leave and find a new spot. No fish is worth a fist fight.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:56pm - Apr 24,15 
Took a ride. Completely fenced off. Not worth the risk.

Board index » Rivers » Kankakee
Jump to: