Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:12pm - Jul 30,20 
Managed to hit the lower Kank for a couple of hours today. Threw a Zara Spook Jr. with the solid overcast. Managed a few nice specimens, the largest in at 17". Hook up rate was right at about 50%. Saw a few crawfish in the shallows, but few in numbers compared to years past. USGS at Wilmington at 1.38 ft and water temp at 80. Good clarity. Only other fisherpersons out were a couple of blue herons.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:34am - Jul 31,20 
my go to bait for top water on the kank is the Cripple Killer ... ..... years ago I would use the Zara Spook on the crappies in the pits ...not to many fisher persons out guess they dont like hot weather .... some of my best days fishing the Kank where hot cloudless days in the middle of the day ..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:35am - Jul 31,20 
hunterman wrote:
my go to bait for top water on the kank is the Cripple Killer ... ..... years ago I would use the Zara Spook on the crappies in the pits ...not to many fisher persons out guess they dont like hot weather .... some of my best days fishing the Kank where hot cloudless days in the middle of the day ..

Yea, i do well with Cripple Killers in Northern Wis. Haven't had much success with them on the Kank. though. Rather puzzling. Check out NDYakangler on youtube if you want to see Zara Spooks really work their magic. Of course, he's on a fishery most of us can only dream about.

Thanks for the reply and be careful out there.

Bob P.

Board index » Rivers » Kankakee
Jump to: