Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28am - Jan 10,19 
Any of you guys out there any good with humminbird locators? I can not get my 1199 to come on. When I press the power button, all the buttons light up and the screen appears to be on but black and then the unit freezes. Cant get it to go anywhere form here. Is there anything I can try to fix this?

On a side note, if I need to buy a new one I guess its not the end of the world. Either the Helix 10 G3N MEGA of Solix 10 probably, does anyone have experience with these units yet?

Thanks guys

Karl

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:30pm - Jan 10,19 
This happens to my one in the boat sometimes.I pull it out of the mount which contains the power connections and then put it back in and it works.It just seems to need to reset.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:32pm - Jan 10,19 
Yup tried that. Tried moving it up front. Tried hooking up to a different battery. Let it sit for a week and tried it. Nothing...

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:58pm - Jan 10,19 
That happened this year on a 2 year old helix unit mounted in front. I contacted Huminbird and they said make sure you have over 10.5v because at that level the unit shuts down. I could turn it off and wait and it would power on for awhile and then just shut down. I put the boat away when I contacted them so I know I had power to the unit but did not check the voltage properly, that will be done first thing once I get it ready for the water.

That chirp is a very nice feature, made me take off the 798 with maps and all and install a new helix at the wheel.

Board index » The Tackle Box » Boats And Motors
Jump to: