Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:30pm - Oct 17,17 
Has anyone ever fished it, or know what species it holds? Thanks, Mops

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:28am - Oct 18,17 
It's private. Few bass and your crappies and gills

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09am - Oct 18,17 
Couple of years ago they drained it and it looked to be about 3 ft. deep everywhere. I don't think they dug it out at that time so I'm surprised it hasn't completely silted in by now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:05am - Oct 18,17 
Thanks, I know it’s private. We were looking at a house in the subdivision. Mops

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:40pm - Oct 19,17 
mops7 wrote:
Thanks, I know it’s private. We were looking at a house in the subdivision. Mops

Looking on the water? the one that was empty on Plainfield rd just sold after a couple years so I wonder if overprice was the issue. A lot of the people there bought new when it was built so rehab and flip seems to be starting there.
Let us know when the fish fry is !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:03pm - Oct 19,17 
Flip/rehabs are starting, and I know a developer looking at combining then subdividing the lots into smaller sections. If you need any help Mobs, I'm a Realtor w/ Coldwell Banker in Darien, and have lived and worked in this area my entire life. Happy to provide market info/etc. if needed. Same thing is happening by Ruth Lake in Hinsdale.. The lake on the South side of Plainfield is very good fishing btw. I've caught stripers, pike, walleye, bass, etc. there. I have several friends on that side of things (lucky me) who allow me and my son to fish there occasionally. Thanks!! John

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:31am - Oct 20,17 
jletourneau wrote:
... know a developer looking at combining then subdividing the lots into smaller sections. ...

Which I always find annoying ,.. on the other hand it's great $$ for someone, & for some people, being very close to the next house/ less privacy is not an issue.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:13pm - Oct 20,17 
Yeah, so hows the fishing in that lake? Not looking for a realtor, already have one. Mops

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:22pm - Oct 20,17 
I drive by it every day on my way home from work. Was always curious about it. I rarely see anyone fishing, though. I think I've seen one small aluminum jon boat out there in the 2 years I've been driving past it, and never see anyone from shore, either.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:46pm - Oct 20,17 
I've fished Bruce Lake twice, once from shore and once from a jon boat. Dink gills by the dozen, nothing else.. Looks lovely, but it is just a flat pan. I remember when it was drained years ago and they never dredged it since then. Glad you got a good agent mops, welcome to the neighborhood! I fish in the area lot and have some fun spots. Once you're settled, let me know if you'd like to meet up and fish. My son and I have a lot of fun on the local waters. John.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:36pm - Oct 20,17 
Thank You. We haven't moved yet, but are looking. I was hoping that it would be a good fishing lake. The search continues....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:52pm - Oct 21,17 
If you can swing a bit southwest of Darien, the absolute dream is Walloon in Plainfield.. It's Canada South. Monster walleye, pike, crappie, bass, everything. If I could choke down the taxes, I'd be there in a second... Almost no pressure, and amazing water year round. Electric only, and most of the folks in there have party pontoons...

Board index » Lakes » Favorite Ponds
Jump to: