Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:38pm - May 18,17 
Greeting Chi-Town Family,

A friend is asking me to help him try to find the approximate market value for a 2014 Jon Boat he has. It is an Alumacraft, riveted 1436 Light boat, with a 2014 Shorelander trailer. Since the boat was purchased it has been extensively upgraded, including:

Complete carpeted floor
2 Bass Pro Seats
Helix 5 SI GPS
Minnkota Terrova Autopilot 12V 55 lbs. bow mount trolling motor with foot pedal and remote control
Minnkota Endura Max, 12v, 55 lbs. transom mount trolling motor
2 Ram Rod mounts
Minnkota Deckhand automatic anchor system
Custom red LED lighting
2 oars
1 boat cover with custom PVC cover frame
31 series sealed battery
Trailer spare tire

Clear titles for both boat and trailer

This boat is EXTREMELY clean and is a fishing machine for small ponds and even Milwaukee/Burnham harbor when the winds are low. I know the boat and trailer were around $2500 when purchased, but would appreciate any and all insights on the market value of this combination.. And unfortunately, $1 will not take it... Many thanks!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:32pm - May 19,17 
I'm sorry to say but the value of that boat is around $1,500. The demand for a really nice small jon boat is just not there. For $2,500-$3,000 most guys would look to get a boat that they could take out on some of the bigger lakes. This is just my thought which you asked for.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:20am - May 20,17 
He's right on the size of the market, but within that market I could see someone willing to go up 2500-3000. The boat is neat, clean and well organized. It looks like a crappie, pan fish machine for small lakes with great night fishing capabilities. Love the deck hand.

John 21:10

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:36am - May 20,17 
Thanks everybody!! I appreciate all the insights.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:16am - May 20,17 
I had that same boat, just a little wider and nowhere near those upgrades. I put a floor in covered in vinyl and had removable seats so I could put them in the garage. Once when fishing the Illinois on anchor with the stern to the channel a large cruiser came by and swamped us so I decided it wasn't safe for my kids. I put it up for sale without much advertising, just a sign really. This was the late nineties or early oughts. I awas asking $1000, Id paid $1800. Ending up buying a new boat so it became a distressed sale. I unloaded it for $500. Great boat on a great trailer but really for small waters and rivers. The limited pool of buyers I talked to all were small river guys. I felt it was worth more but I couldn't keep two boats for any length of time. One thing I loved was the skinny water I could access. The trailer was annondized or something and I would have loved to keep it because the guy who bought it had no need for it. Just couldn't store it either. Looking at that brings back great memories of teaching my kids to fish. I still have the 15 horse Evinrude from it. Comes in handy from time to time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:05am - May 21,17 
I have a boat close to that one from Gander Mountain. Same one Bass Pro was selling at the time. 14 foot boat and trailer was well under $1K on sale.
Trouble with boats like these are the capacity weights. By the time you add two large batteries, trolling motor, fishing gear, seats and wood floor etc. the
weight capacity would be exceeded for a couple of adults weighing over 200lbs. I backed out of that idea and kept it stock. Good strip pit club boat though.
Not a cooling lake boat unless the lake was like glass. So for the price I'd say less that you paid new for the boat and trailer IMO. Nice boat
for a couple of skinny teenagers though.

Dave

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:28pm - May 23,17 
I would be shocked to see them get $1,500... maybe if some of the accessories were sold separately. As a package deal, maybe $1,200 or a little more.

There's a lot of 14' boats with trailers on the market under $1,000 that have a little more capacity.

Very nice how they have it setup, don't get me wrong. Very sharp!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:14pm - May 23,17 
You buy a motor and they throw in a boat for free

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:24pm - May 24,17 
Thats a $3000 duck boat in FL if it had an aluminum trailer.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:53pm - May 24,17 
PM Sent

Board index » The Tackle Box » The Swap & Dough
Jump to: