Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:42am - Jan 13,18 
Cancer got my bestest little buddy right before Christmas. I think I’m finally done crying my eyes out, and will probably be looking for a new pup this spring or summer.

I searched previous recommendations, but I’m looking for something a bit different than what i found.

I’d like to find a Breeder who focuses on American Field Labs that tend to be on the smaller side. Ideally in the 60 lb range. I’d probably want to see lineage with some hunt titles, but am not chasing a title. The dog will primarily be a pet with some upland hunting several times a year. I regularly walk or bike a few miles a day with my dog and love to play frisbee or dock-dive fetch with them so I prefer the higher energy tendencies of the American labs.

The breeder I got my previous dog from was great, but his dogs are a bit on the bigger side now (at least what’s on their web site) so I’m exploring. My dog goes everywhere with me - truck, boat, ice shanty, etc... which is why I’m targeting a smaller frame.

I’ll definitely prefer a breeder within a 6 hour drive from Chicago, but for the right program I’d expand.

Trinity Oaks labs looks to match up to my goals, so if anyone has experience with them, I’d love to hear.

thanks for any recommendations!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:46am - Jan 13,18 
We are happy with our female chocolate lab she weighs 60 lbs got her Soggy acres In Delavan Wis. They have a show on the Pursuit channel (sporting dog adventures ). they are the best breeders
we found after a years of research we visited their kennel meet the owner and his family. Jeff fuller is the owner (262) 215 9683. Got see and play with the mother of our dog just after she was bred. all of His dog have a long lineage of hunters. Call and talk to him you will see what Im talking about

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:20pm - Jan 13,18 
Thank you Big Jeff. They look like a good match - I’ll definitely give him a call

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:45pm - Jan 13,18 
Labradors Unlimited Valparaiso IN 219-508-4445. Buddy has black female 5yrs old 62lb disciplined ball of fire.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:37am - Jan 15,18 
Thanks Slack - will check them out too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:42pm - Jan 20,18 
Wobbly river retrievers or Burlington pointing lads. I have a pointing lab from Burlington. She's 60# and has more drive and energy than you can ask for. I guide with her at a local club.

Board index » Game Bag » K-9
Jump to: