Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:03pm - Oct 22,17 
Hi fellas....when there's a change in weather he tends to get a hot spot or two....JohhnyFinn hooked me up a while ago with an Indian curry paste to help it heal any u guys have remedies for that....when my dogs are not feeling well neither do I....be good later mike :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:22am - Oct 23,17 
I would get a vet's opinion. They have some pretty cheap medication you can put on the hot spots(our lab got them). The medication has something harmless in it that dissuades the dog from licking the area, as well.

I'm sure there are some homemade solutions, but ideally, hot spots should get checked out by a vet. As they could be a sign of a skin infection or condition.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:22am - Oct 23,17 
I would get a vet's opinion. They have some pretty cheap medication you can put on the hot spots(our lab got them). The medication has something harmless in it that dissuades the dog from licking the area, as well.

I'm sure there are some homemade solutions, but ideally, hot spots should get checked out by a vet. As they could be a sign of a skin infection or condition.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:31pm - Oct 23,17 
Hot spots are from overly licking or chewing. This is most likely due to allergies. It's common. You can also get medicated wipes to apply to the affected areas in order to block infections.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:32pm - Oct 23,17 
Benadryl is often given to curb itchiness which will in turn keep them from chewing, rubbing, scratching, licking, etc..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:11am - Oct 24,17 
Thanx for feed back.....did the spray and benedrills....hope he kicks it soon....he not a happy pup rite now....later mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27am - Oct 26,17 
Skin allergies are common in the bulldog breeds. Fish oil capsules can reduce the problem. if you are feeding the dog food with grain in it that can increase the problem. Grains and yeast can be turned into sugar which can cause the dogs reaction. I have had the same problem for years with my bulldogs. Switched to grain free/ half raw diet. I could not justify pumping my dog with steroids and Benadryl all the time.

Board index » Game Bag » K-9
Jump to: