Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:42pm - Jan 2,14 
Hey guys!

Long time no post! With winter in full swing I decided to start up a little 10 gallon tanks and try my hand at having live plants in it! The plants are going great and I even got a nice betta and 2 mollies in there now. The question I have is if anyone has ever owned or knows anyone who has had Red Claw Shrimp? I happened to purchase one today and was told that it would be fine with my other fish but now I'm hearing conflicting ideas. Some say don't worry and other say get the betta out as the shrimp will nip at the tail. Anyone have any ideas on this? Would love to hear someones experience!

Thanks guys,
Matt

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:43am - Jan 3,14 
I haven't had a Red Claw, but, after looking them up, I think the betta will be lunch after while.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:59pm - Jan 4,14 
That's what I was worried about! So luckily far there has been no problems. Seems like the beta actually made it known that he isn't a weakling and the shrimp seems to give him a big distance at all times. I'm going to try to let them stay together and will continue to keep an eye on the beta's fins. If I see any signs of damage/fighting/attempts to eat I have a tank ready to immediately remove one of the parties. Thanks for the post Jim!

Board index » The Tackle Box » Tanks Alot
Jump to: