Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:53pm - Mar 2,16 
With the warmer weather coming, i'm looking forward to do some fishing on the river for catfish. I'll be taking my grandson Adam who is looking to wet some line too. :fisch

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:59pm - Mar 8,16 
Nice! I fish for cats in ponds, but this warmer weather should get those fish going too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:45pm - Mar 8,16 
Which rivers are most catfish friendly? I mean I'm sure they all hold their share of cats, but where can I go to actually catch some? I tend to go to the fox in Aurora but never target kitties. Any input would help.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:07pm - Mar 8,16 
My favorite place to fish for cats is the Illinois River, mostly because i'm more familiar with this river than other rivers. Best baits to use has got to be the shad that you can net right out of the same river.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:11pm - Mar 8,16 
Night time or during the day?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:14am - Mar 9,16 
Personally, I fish during during the daytime. From what I gathered, the night bite is probably better.....try both times.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:45pm - Mar 13,16 
I hit the Kankakee both day and night and use a different type of bait...I cut pieces of raw chicken into about 1 inch chunks then in a large bowl I mix about 4-5 lbs chicken with 1 full container of Sonnys super sticky blood bait and stir to cover chicken (dryer the chicken the better.) Then I pack a large empty sour cream container with the chicken and place in freezer until needed. This can be re frozen over and over. I use no roll sinkers and about a 1 foot leader with a large circle hook. I target down stream of dams from shore at night and back water log jams by kayak during the day time. By the way I target channel cats and practice CPR for most but I will harvest maybe 1 fish per outing if that many.

Board index » Species Specific » Catfish Corner
Jump to: