Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:41pm - May 25,15 
Took the new boat out in the middle of a crazy busy weekend. Didn't get the outboard assembled and tested, ended up buying bait suckers and the last minute and setting out with just the trolling motor.

Got a real nice channel cat on the first bait in the water at the first spot. No picture, it was so unruly in the boat I was afraid I'd lose my camera trying to get a photo. Maybe close to 10# and real nasty.

Later, a little after midnight, I got a nice pop and load up hooking up with my first flathead of the year, about 29". Really strong fish, there was no doubt it was a healthy one. Got a couple pics and released it and then called it a night.

When I got back to the launch, there was some families with grills cooking food, maybe a couple dozen people. Must have been good eats, the smell was amazing!

Up in the "flathead loft" checking measurements...

Not a monster, but a 29" flathead on the Fox is definitely a quality fish. Nice way to break in the new ride!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:55pm - May 25,15 
I saw these on your facebook group's page. Really nice fish! I landed a nice little channel Thursday and I forgot how fun they are.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:32am - Jun 14,15 
hit it again last night, managed the goose-egg. And it poured rain and I had to go ashore for a while because lightning was getting a little too close. So much for weather.com it was saying the chance of rain was going to drop to 0% around 10pm to midnight. More like 100%. crazy!!!

Good reminder though, always keep an eye on the weather and better safe than sorry when lightning is concerned.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Species Specific » Catfish Corner
Jump to: