Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:50am - Nov 2,16 
Had a rain day,so no work. Decided to grab a quick two dozen minnows from kim at lees bait and tackle in carol stream and then had to choose where to go.... since a little bird told me a few decent walleye were caught on the fox decided to hit the dam in Geneva and oh what a good choice. The fish were very co operative, caught 4 different species. 1 little channel cat, 3 small whites, 1 10inch crappie and a butt load of small moulth lost track after 16. The biggest smallie was only 13" most of them.were 8-10". But verry fun on the ultralight uglystick. Thoes two dozzen minnows lasted me a whole 1- 1/2 hr. It was fast fishing to begin with then the rain started and i couldnt keep up, had to reel in second pole cuz the bobber fishing was hot. None of the fish were huge but i have never caught that many so fast from the fox before. Was using large fatheads on a chartreuse wide gap hook. Was moving bobber stop between 1and 3 foot. The eddies were the ticket close to shore. Hard not to go get more minnows but gander mountain was calling my name need to get ready for 1st shotgun deer season.

Need opinions- a guy came wile i was fishin and had a huge snaging trebble hook on a giant carfish rod. He did have worms but was just rippi.g the hook right at the dam wall. Snagged a few looked to be drum. He put thoes back but when i saw a tiny and i mwan little smallie come up hooked in belly he put in his bucket. Thats when i told him thats not right and also against the law. He scoffed at me and just packed up and left with dead smallie in his bucket. What do you or would you do in that circumstances?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:00pm - Nov 2,16 
I would have called the IDNR and reported him.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:59pm - Nov 2,16 
Yeah. I would have tried to discreetly get his license plate and called the DNR to report him. Unreal...

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:01pm - Nov 2,16 
good stuff! and yes, call the DNR

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:38am - Nov 4,16 
Throw him in the Drink next time!!!!!!!!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:53am - Nov 4,16 
Everyone has phones now with video these days. For law enforcement purposes nothing is better than video evidence. I would have acted like I was texting and actually record this law breaker and then contact the DNR to supply them with his picture, the video of his unlawful actions and definitely his vehicles license plate. Just don't make your actions too obvious as criminals get angry when they know they are caught. Be safe and good luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:36pm - Nov 4,16 
Thank you guys for all the advice I will definitely remember all of it for the next time. Have any of you that responded ever call the DNR or took videos and what was the outcome? Does the DNR actually try to come out to the site or do they rely on the videos and pictures?
I know it's been posted on here before but I just couldn't find it in the search options or online what would be the number I call?

Im happy he packed up and left but i know he will be back and that just burns me.
thanks
Jay.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: